Would You Buy a Lenovo Motherboard? Company Reportedly Entering Market Under Its Gaming Brand, Legion

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lenovo-legion-hooded-1024x576.jpg
Image: scholar/Lenovo

Chinese computer manufacturing giant Lenovo may be entering the motherboard market. That’s according to a couple of photos that have surfaced on China’s Weibo forums, which show two motherboards with the “Legion” label – the company’s gaming brand.

“Photos of two motherboards surfaced, a model with a 300 Series chipset for current Coffee Lake processors and yeah, a model with a 400 Series chipset (B460) for Comet Lake-S,” Guru3D reported. “The products do not loom half bad either, with 8+2 power phases, VRM heatsinks ( NCP81228MNTXG-1-GP Upper MOS: PK6H6BA-GP Lower MOS: PK650BA-GP 4 + 8pin input 200w + stable power supply) with the Legion inscription, and double M.2 with heatsink included, which also have Legion written on its surface.”...

Continue reading...

Interesting. I have seen some Lenovo monitors coming up that are geared towards gaming also. Maybe they felt they were missing something. To answer the question, no I wouldn't buy one of their boards right away. I would wait to see how the reviews come out on them first.

If their quality is as good as their notebooks then I think they'd do pretty well in the motherboard market.

I'd certainly like to see what Lenovo has to offer. However, from the pictures, those MOSFET coolers look **** near useless.

Nope.

No way, no how.

I don't trust them in the slightest.

Not after their repeated pre-installed spyware scandals.

By now they've probably perfected it to the point where it reinstalls itself on a fresh OS from UEFI....

Well, there is the spyware scandals to consider for sure, but who is the actual maker of the Lenovo brand?

I would think it’d be tough to compete with top tier Mobo manufacturers. Maybe find a spot with budget gamers.

No way.
My dad bought a lenovo laptop and was having trouble.
He called the support line from the documentation.
The support center transferred him to a scammer line who told him it was a software issue and he needed to pay 400$ for them to fix it. Which he did.
When the problem wasn't fixed he call them back and they had no record of this and wouldn't refund him his money conveniently.

Become a Patron!
Back