X-Men ’97 Custom Comic Xbox Series X Console and Wireless Controllers Unveiled by Microsoft and Marvel Animation

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Xbox is celebrating mutant nostalgia with the X-Men '97 Custom Comic Xbox Series X, a special edition of Microsoft's flagship gaming console that comes wrapped in an exclusive, two-page comic that features Cyclops leading the X-Men against a group of Sentinels and super-computer Master Mold, drawn by Marvel artists Rich Douek and Paco Diaz.

See full article...

I think the console looks awesome but the controllers don't even deserve bare minimum credit since the color scheme appears to the only custom change made. I can't believe how great the console looks and then they did almost nothing for the controllers.

Seriously, they could've had the character on one side and the X-Men logo on the other. They could've used effects lightning for Storm, fireworks for Jubilee, claw marks with "Snikt!" for Wolverine, etc. or character specific scene shots like the console has from the series. There are plenty of ways they could've done more.

Basically the only cool thing about the controllers is the box so they are essentially selling these not to be used and instead sold at some far off Comic con. Sad because I would've bought one in a heartbeat to use if they'd gone a bit further. Oh well.

I think the console looks awesome but the controllers don't even deserve bare minimum credit since the color scheme appears to the only custom change made. I can't believe how great the console looks and then they did almost nothing for the controllers.
I agree. The console looks great and the controller....not so much

Become a Patron!
Back