Xbox Game Pass Core Launches Tomorrow with 36 Titles, including Halo 5: Guardians and Fallout 4

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has shared the full list of titles that Xbox Game Pass Core subscribers should find when the new service, a replacement for Xbox Live Gold, launches tomorrow on September 14. According to the list that was published on Xbox Wire, the initial catalog will comprise 36 titles, including Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Halo 5: Guardians, and Fallout 4, Bethesda Game Studio's 2015 post-apocalyptic RPG title. Xbox Game Pass Core costs $9.99 USD per month or $59.99 USD per year and offers all of the same perks that Xbox Live Gold did, such as online console multiplayer and member deals and discounts.

See full article...

I can’t figure out why this exists.

The full GamePass is only $1 more per month. The only advantage this has is an annual sub discount - which no longer exists for gamepass

It’s really just renaming Gold and … nothing else. I don’t really get it

I can’t figure out why this exists.

The full GamePass is only $1 more per month. The only advantage this has is an annual sub discount - which no longer exists for gamepass

It’s really just renaming Gold and … nothing else. I don’t really get it

I definitely see it as more appealing than Xbox Live Gold; Sure, you'd get new games monthly with that service, but a lot of times they were stinkers and if you weren't paying attention, you could potentially forget to 'add' games you were interested in to your library. At least with this new service, you get access to a decent library right away (and nice to see Gang Beasts on there).

What I would've appreciated more is MS also offering a lower tier (read: free) that included multiplayer access. Why that feature is still behind a paywall irks me.

Become a Patron!
Back