Xbox Game Pass Will Hit 100 Million Subscribers Thanks to Activision Deal, according to Michael Pachter

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard is set to drive an incredible number of users toward its Xbox and PC Game Pass services.

Go to post

Funny thing is that I got 2 months free 3 years ago, and used the $1 trial twice since and couldn't even keep me occupied for that one month. There is nothing of worth on it that I haven't played already.

I prefer to buy the games I want or get them for free or next to it. Game pass is great for parents until they hit some lean times then the kids have no games to play.

I think it’s good for two purposes:

It has a game you are just gonna play through once and be done, or aren’t quite sure if you are gonna like in the first place. You sub for 1 month and burn through that title.

Or

You just got a new console and have nothing on it — instant library of stuff to do. You sub for a month or two until you get enough stuff in your library that you don’t use the sub any more

It would be great if they had compelling stuff, but any time I’ve ever tried it, it’s been maybe one or two halfway interesting things, and when I’m done with those I’m just done.

I've tried the trial a few times as well. Nothing really wanted me to continue subscribing.

The biggest trap of PC Games Pass, is that you only get pedestrian versions of games, and if you buy any DLCs or upgrades to any, you are locking yourself into a very bad deal.

It would make more sense if it was a deluxe pass, where you automatically get access to any and all DLCs for all games. Not this buy DLCs for games you are just renting. That's akin to putting upgrades to a rental car, who in their right mind would do that?

The biggest trap of PC Games Pass, is that you only get pedestrian versions of games, and if you buy any DLCs or upgrades to any, you are locking yourself into a very bad deal.

It would make more sense if it was a deluxe pass, where you automatically get access to any and all DLCs for all games. Not this buy DLCs for games you are just renting. That's akin to putting upgrades to a rental car, who in their right mind would do that?
I believe the Xbox pass has a tier with all the expansions too. I think...

I believe the Xbox pass has a tier with all the expansions too. I think...
The basic games pass offers basic versions of games, the ultimate offers deluxe editions of games, and a discount towards buying DLCs. But it is not 100% clear.

Become a Patron!
Back