XFX Rebooting its Radeon RX 5600 XT Lineup – New Hardware Specs

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member

XFX has dropped us a line to let us know that it has decided to reboot or reset its Radeon RX 5600 XT lineup, in a manner.  If you recall, back when the Radeon RX 5600 XT was launched on January 21st, 2020, there was a debacle that came about in regards to shipping clock speeds on manufacturer custom video cards.

The nature of the issue was thus, AMD had set a “reference” clock speed on the GPU and memory by which manufacturers would go by to set their factory overclocks from.  This was all fine...

Continue reading...

Are they replacing existing cards that were already purchased that didn't meet spec?

These are new part numbers, and products, so no.

Since these are new, additional products, the previous ones will still be available until dried up, and thus two different part numbers will exist, those with 12GHz memory, and those with the new 14GHz memory, is how I understand it.

XFX brand still exists, just doing AMD cards now. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they moved away from Nvidia due to GPP.

Hello guys ,
i bought a 5600xt recently, it's an excellent video card, but i was disappointed that it doesn't have the updated BIOS with 14gbps speed memories, while other models have it. Now, reading this article, i have seen that XFX is ready to release new models with 14 gbps support.

Considering that i'm still in time to return my gpu via amazon, i wanted to replace it with the 14 gbps model, but unfortunately i still cannot find them for sale even though they are already on the xfx website.

Do you have any suggestion or info, on when they will be put on the market ??

Thank you so much guys

Regards.

Last edited:
Hello guys ,
i bought a 5600xt recently, it's an excellent video card, but i was disappointed that it doesn't have the updated BIOS with 14gbps speed memories, while other models have it. Now, reading this article, i have seen that XFX is ready to release new models with 14 gbps support.

Considering that i'm still in time to return my gpu via amazon, i wanted to replace it with the 14 gbps model, but unfortunately i still cannot find them for sale even though they are already on the xfx website.

Do you have any suggestion or info, on when they will be put on the market ??

Thank you so much guys

Regards.

Have you tried dialing up your memory speed to 14ghz to see if it will work at that speed? Our 12ghz rated test sample ran just fine at 14ghz - the differentiation in the models is due to the validation for 14ghz to be working over the entire population of cards produced targeting the 12ghz clock.

Pinging @Brent_Justice to see if XFX said anything about when to expect these to show up in the channel in the emails that were traded.

Don't know when they will show up in retail or etail shops, but they are already listed on their website

On the product pages for each one there is a "Where to buy" button you can press to see where they are being sold

I also see them listed on newegg, but out of stock, like everything right now i imagine getting hardware stock is taking longer than usual for obvious reasons

I've tried to increase the memory clock up to 1750mhz (14 gbps) but i got black screens with system restart. So, i tried to lower up to 1625 mhz (13gbps) and the graphics card seems to be stable. I've not changed any other value such as power limit or adjusted the VCore. , but i've only increased the memory clock with MSI Afterburner. I would like to specify , that i'm not an overclocking expert and i'm not sure that i do it correctly , but i don't want to risk to damage the card.

Anyway, i prefer to replace my xfx rx5600xt thicc 3 ultra with the new 14 gbps model, because i'm still in time to return it .

I will patiently wait that this model will be put on the market for sale :)

Thank you all guys !

Last edited:
I'm also a proud owner of XFX RX 5600XT thicc III ultra... With 12Gbs mem's... Now I feel quite pissed ... I'm glad that they released new bios with new gpu speed's but... I thing that it is just not fair to not bump up the mem also . Instead they "reboot" the whole lineup. My memory hits 1680Mhz stable and i assume that the low mem voltage is the only problem here 0.85mV...

Become a Patron!
Back