You Can Now Play 2,500 of Your Favorite MS-DOS Games Online

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
For those who are feeling nostalgic, Internet Archive has uploaded 2,500 more MS-DOS games to its website, archive.org. The catalog includes classics such as Alone in the Dark, DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D, and Mortal Kombat. All it takes to launch them is a single click.

Another few thousand DOS Games are playable at the Internet Archive! Since our initial announcement in 2015, we’ve added occasional new games here and there to the collection, but this will be our biggest update yet, ranging from tiny recent independent productions to long-forgotten big-name releases from decades ago.

The good ole days of anti-piracy manuals or those slick decoder wheels some of the D&D games had. 25+ years later and I probably still know all the answers for Master of Orion, Mechwarrior, Ultima 6, Savage Empire, and Martian Dreams.

I'm spoiled in my old age and can't play "nostalgic" games for more than a few minutes .. I need the pretty .. I need the shiny! I can't do pixelated anymore :cry:

The good ole days of anti-piracy manuals or those slick decoder wheels some of the D&D games had. 25+ years later and I probably still know all the answers for Master of Orion, Mechwarrior, Ultima 6, Savage Empire, and Martian Dreams.
The worst for me was one of the last MS-DOS games I got before taking a hiatus from gaming for 5-10 years. It was called Out of The World. Game was awesome but that wheel and decoder was PIA.

I'm spoiled in my old age and can't play "nostalgic" games for more than a few minutes .. I need the pretty .. I need the shiny! I can't do pixelated anymore :cry:

Mostly the same but every now and then I'll go back to check some. They're not really an MS-DOS games but I still fire up Sid Meier's Pirates! and Railroad Tycoon. I've got all the Ultima games thru Origin and once in a while will play Ultima III or IV.

The worst for me was one of the last MS-DOS games I got before taking a hiatus from gaming for 5-10 years. It was called Out of The World. Game was awesome but that wheel and decoder was PIA.

Mostly the same but every now and then I'll go back to check some. They're not really an MS-DOS games but I still fire up Sid Meier's Pirates! and Railroad Tycoon. I've got all the Ultima games thru Origin and once in a while will play Ultima III or IV.
I played the crap out Sid Meier's Pirates! back in the day .. I had forgotten about that one :geek:

Become a Patron!
Back