YouTube TV Launches 4K Tier for an Additional $19.99 per Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
youtube-tv-devices-blue-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: YouTube

Google has launched a 4K Plus add-on for its streaming television service, YouTube TV. Available at an additional $19.99 per month, the 4K Plus add-on allows YouTube TV subscribers to enjoy 4K content on the service for the very first time. YouTube TV’s 4K Plus add-on also lets users download shows to watch offline and grants unlimited streams to everyone in the family. Additionally, Google has added 5.1 Dolby audio capabilities for all YouTube TV members. YouTube TV costs $64.99 per month.

Image: YouTube

With 4K Plus, you’ll have access to watch major sports events this summer in 4K, plus live...

Continue reading...

What even is the point of YouTube TV now? It's just as expensive, if not more, than cable now. At one point it was a good cable alternative, "unplug" etc... not anymore, prices have gotten so high it's not for that anymore. So why do I need it huh YouTube?

What even is the point of YouTube TV now? It's just as expensive, if not more, than cable now. At one point it was a good cable alternative, "unplug" etc... not anymore, prices have gotten so high it's not for that anymore. So why do I need it huh YouTube?
Its for cable cutters that cant live without sports lol.
Personally I hardly watch any TV at all so the basic Sling TV works for me. And the free YT garbage.
Wife has Netflix and Amazon. I think were at around $ 50 in "TV services".

Maybe than the promo rates, but where can you get cable TV, at a non promo rate for under 100 bucks a month?

All the online stuff is getting pricey but for a similar TV package from comcast in my area its $130ish.

I'm gonna call BS on this. The networks have not upgraded their gear to 4K yet... hell Fox is still on 720p with very few exceptions. I think there might have been a couple Nascar races done in 4K as a test/PoC. They are in a multi-way standoff with the other networks... "Why should be upgrade when XYZ hasn't" etc

If I'm remembering correctly, a couple of football games as well. I tried to watch one and I've never seen HDR so bad in my life lol

Become a Patron!
Back