Zoom Invests into Hiring Outside Security Experts to Fix Exploits as Hackers are Selling Them Online

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
zoom-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image Credit: Zoom Video Communications Inc

Growing pains are often seen in various industries when a product suddenly gains immense popularity. In the tech world such pains usually manifest in the form of security exploits being discovered. This very thing happened in recent weeks as Zoom’s popularity skyrocketed in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. As many adopted the video conferencing platform as either a means to work from home, or stay in touch with family members, severe exploits were quickly exposed. It was not a surprise when lawsuits and investigations ensued amidst these...

Continue reading...

Good that they are taking it seriously.

I wonder if they are going to address th eother privacy concerns regarding Zoom, for instance that Zoom employees can monitor any call unnoticed by the callers, and Zooms data collection.

Well, i ended up using zoom, after google meet or hangouts or whatever the hell turned into a nightmare for everyone. Zoom was so easy in comparison, its no wonder it is growing.
Part of the issue is the publishing of meetings so that anyone can just do a search, find the link and crash the meeting, or zoombombing so called.
I don't know how zoom itself can fix this, I mean if you publish the meeting on the web, as opposed to sending the link to the proper parties involved... Don't know... Sure more security is welcome.

Become a Patron!
Back