ZOTAC Receives 20,000 GeForce RTX 3080 Preorders That Could Take a Month to Fulfill

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
zotac-geforce-rtx-30-series-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: ZOTAC

Amazon Germany customers who managed to preorder one of ZOTAC’s GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity graphics cards may be in for an extraordinary wait. According to now-deleted tweets captured by PCGH and ComputerBase, the company received an astonishing 20,000 preorders for the flagship variant, which – as you might imagine – isn’t something that can be fulfilled in the coming weeks. Assuming that the orders aren’t canceled entirely, ticket holders could be waiting up to an entire month for their shipments.

“Almost 20,000 pre-orders...

Continue reading...

That might actually be a good time line. Hell if I was a parent buying this for christmas I would just be happy to have a preorder in.

Scene 1: Kid runs to the tree Xmas morning to open a box with a purchase order with a ship by date inside. Kid looks up at parents with tear-filled eyes.

Cut to later that day.

Scene 2: Same kid, now in his bedroom, receives pic from friend showing off his Big Navi card.

Scene 3: Parents sitting on couch trying to convince themselves they did the right thing and that their kid will get over it when the card arrives. (In the background the kid can be heard breaking things)

Cue AMD Radeon logo and music with 'Available Now'.

End commercial.

Last edited:
Meanwhile at my end of the world 2080Ti-s are still being newly listed at $1500. While the 3080 is a ghost, like it never existed.

Scene 1: Kid runs to the tree Xmas morning to open a box with a purchase order with a ship by date inside. Kid looks up at parents with tear-filled eyes.

Cut to later that day.

Scene 2: Same kid, now in his bedroom, receives pic from friend showing off his Big Navi card.

Scene 3: Parents sitting on couch trying to convince themselves they did the right thing and that their kid will get over it when the card arrives. (In the background the kid can be heard breaking things)

Cue AMD Radeon logo and music with 'Available Now'.

End commercial.
Pretty sure they'll have the same issues but that would be a great commercial.

Next time a big-time publisher complains there's not enough money to be made in the PC market someone needs to point them to stories like this and remind them that if they made games people wanted to buy it'd be a different story for them. Granted, we know a lot of cards are getting bought for mining but still. . .

Next time a big-time publisher complains there's not enough money to be made in the PC market someone needs to point them to stories like this and remind them that if they made games people wanted to buy it'd be a different story for them. Granted, we know a lot of cards are getting bought for mining but still. . .

I doubt the cards are being bought for mining. Not at the hash rate and power levels that I've seen reported. For the same price you can get dual 5700's that pump out 60-70 Mh/s, that's 10-15 Mh/s higher than the 3080, at a total of 190 watts of power.

3080 is not profitable.

After telling me that they were never getting them in stock and taking the listing down? Bastards. I had E-Mail notifications set up for a long time on those before they told me it wasn't going to happen.

I knew they were available here and there, but most of them seemed to go to Ebay for $300+ over MSRP. No thanks. I'd just buy a Threadripper 3960X at that price.

Jesus! I can't get over the demand for these cards.

On a "glass half full" note, this is a good thing. With Nvidia selling these cards like hot cakes, literally before they're even shipped out, that means there's still plenty of money to be made in the PC gaming community, we just need the quality products to be made and we come out in hordes, wallets in hand to grab them up. That usually means not only GPU makers but companies like NZXT, Corsair, Cooler Master and so on keep their game up as well.

I've heard the same but I wouldn't put it pass some to try.

Geezz... the last time I used $1k chip was back in 2007 when I got QX6800. I still have it somewhere in my drawer... I think. The best part about it was I got it for free from EA 🤘😂
I had the QX6700, and I actually paid retail for it 😬. Ran 2.93 GHz on the Intel cooler, at least. First time I ran it overclocked my copy of Vista became unactivated. Indian support guy didn't believe me when I said all I did was overclock when I called them 🤭.

Become a Patron!
Back