“No-Log” VPN Providers Leak 1.2 TB of Activity Logs and Other User Information

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
vpn-route-graphic-1024x576.jpg
Image: Gem Fortune (Pexels)

The list of VPN providers that you’ll definitely want to avoid has gotten bigger. VPN Mentor is reporting that a group of Hong Kong-based services, which include UFO VPN, Secure VPN, and Rabbit VPN, leaked personally identifiable data for as many as 20 million users! How sensitive was the information, you ask? Well, the data comprises complete activity logs to clear-text passwords and Bitcoin payment information. Needless to say, that’s a huge yikes.

Data Breach Summary

AppsUFO VPN, FAST VPN, Free VPN, Super VPN, Flash VPN, Secure VPN, Rabbit VPNHeadquarters/LocationHong KongIndustryCybersecurityTotal size of data 1.207 TBTotal number of files1,083,997,361 recordsNo. of people exposedOver 20 million, based on user numbers claimed by the...

Continue reading...

How hard is it to configure a script to 1. not log anything 2. delete log after xx minutes.

I still don't use a VPN. I especially wouldn't use any service coming out of HK now that China has taken over.

Yea a Chinese VPN service is basically paying them to steal your data.

I switched from IPVanish (Read they gave up logs in a criminal case)to P.I.A. (Who got bought out by a malware company) to SurfShark .. I guess we'll see how that goes..

I do not believe any no-log VPN service. I am sure one or two exist but I just do not trust people like that. Do you want a no log service? Make your own VPN and host it on your own network.

Become a Patron!
Back