NVIDIA Launches Cloud-Gaming Service GeForce NOW with Ray-Tracing “Founders” Tier

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-now-platforms-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Last week’s tip has rung true. NVIDIA officially launched GeForce NOW today, taking the cloud-gaming service out of beta after many years of experimentation and testing. It is now available to any and all gamers who’d like to piggy-back off of NVIDIA’s powerful machines and play their libraries from anywhere in the world.

GeForce NOW supports any laptop, desktop, Mac, SHIELD TV, or Android device. As previously reported, membership comprises two tiers: a “free” and “Founders” tier. The former is, well, free, but while there’s no costs involved, that tier only allows gamers to stream their favorite titles for...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we've seen operating systems as a service for awhile now. It seems NVIDIA is taking this to another level with graphical features as a service.

Well we've seen operating systems as a service for awhile now. It seems NVIDIA is taking this to another level with graphical features as a service.

Waiting for this to trickle out to purchased hardware. RT. Now requires a subscription. To enable in the driver....

This is nothing more than a VDI with a sliced up video card to provide the render functions. I've seen this working well local trade shows but will be interesting to see how this works going forward.

If I had more time to put into gaming I might go for this.

Personally I wouldn't I like my stand alone tower of gaming. :) It's in effect given my my career.

Become a Patron!
Back