Rumor: Intel Core i7-10700F Specs Sighted

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Intel-1024x576.jpg
Image Credit: Intel

Tenth generation Intel CPU’s started surfacing just before the holidays. The latest one that may have been spotted in the wild is the Intel Core i7-10700F. A user on Korean site, Quasar Zone, posted an image from Cinebench R20. This potential Comet Lake processor is currently unannounced but does have some similar characteristics to a Intel Core i7-10700 processor. Both have 8 cores and 16 threads. The non-F variant has a base clock of 3.0 GHz while the 10700F appears to have a 2.91 GHz base clock.

I7-10700f-cinebench-1-1024x576.jpg
Image Credit: Quasar Zone

Sandwiched between AMD’s Ryzen 7 1700x and a Threadripper 1950X it sits with a score 4781. Since being unannounced many other specs are left unknown at this point but it...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say this but the intel line of CPU's are missing the magic.

What do I mean?

When AMD releases a new line of CPU's it's with a new design, and new capability, and IPC improvements to boot as well as more cores and less power use. It's like watching freaking magic happen to watch AMD iterate and advance. OH yea... all of that and it still fits in the SAME SOCKET as the first set of Ryzen/Threadripper motherboards. And 80% of the time (some failures are known) you can run it with a bios flash!

Where is the magic on this intel CPU release? I'm not asking because I'm a fanboy. I go with the CPU that makes me feel like I get the most for my buying dollar. And today I don't see that in Intel.

So if you're excited about this CPU release from a tech head perspective I'm asking you to share with me why.

I hate to say this but the intel line of CPU's are missing the magic.

What do I mean?

When AMD releases a new line of CPU's it's with a new design, and new capability, and IPC improvements to boot as well as more cores and less power use. It's like watching freaking magic happen to watch AMD iterate and advance. OH yea... all of that and it still fits in the SAME SOCKET as the first set of Ryzen/Threadripper motherboards. And 80% of the time (some failures are known) you can run it with a bios flash!

Where is the magic on this intel CPU release? I'm not asking because I'm a fanboy. I go with the CPU that makes me feel like I get the most for my buying dollar. And today I don't see that in Intel.

So if you're excited about this CPU release from a tech head perspective I'm asking you to share with me why.
Not the least bit excited. Simply reporting the known facts. When my 2600k recently got to be an actual bottleneck in gaming it was a clear choice to go AMD. First time I've done so in over ten years too. Very happy with my 3700X/X570 rig. I've stated in numerous forums for over a year that even as impressive as the 9900K hitting 5.0 GHz was it wasn't enough to make me consider a build if they were not going to include newer options like PCIe 4.0. From a tech perspective I'm unsure what Intel is hoping for with these but maybe when they're officially released the reviews might reveal something. It's obvious which market they're aiming for though.

Not the least bit excited. Simply reporting the known facts. When my 2600k recently got to be an actual bottleneck in gaming it was a clear choice to go AMD. First time I've done so in over ten years too. Very happy with my 3700X/X570 rig. I've stated in numerous forums for over a year that even as impressive as the 9900K hitting 5.0 GHz was it wasn't enough to make me consider a build if they were not going to include newer options like PCIe 4.0. From a tech perspective I'm unsure what Intel is hoping for with these but maybe when they're officially released the reviews might reveal something. It's obvious which market they're aiming for though.

Oh it might even out perform AMD CPU's in pure frame rate for gaming. I'll give them that. I didn't buy the CPU I did because it was the best at gaming. I bought it because it was the best bang for my buck. I'm the user that runs all of the game clients, plays MMO's, has Discord open and browsers on sites that auto refresh to pump out more muted advertisements. All of that at the same time... And I'm always capturing video as well of my game play so I can create little youtube video's of good quality when something neat happens.

I don't care of Intel can get me 6 extra fps (or whatever it is.) while stuttering.

I came from a 7700k a perfectly good CPU for gaming. And quite honestly it was alright at everything I was doing. BUT... I wanted the cores... and AMD and flexibility going forward. So I went AMD.

PLUS AMD is simply more advanced in the market today. Couple that with this x 570 chip-set supporting the next 2 generations of CPU's from AMD and I'm all about it! Talk about a sweet deal being able to go with whatever is next without having to rebuild my entire **** system.

I'll be skipping any updates for a while. My 8700k does what I need. If I did upgrade anytime soon it would probably be AMD.

I'll be skipping any updates for a while. My 8700k does what I need. If I did upgrade anytime soon it would probably be AMD.
Yeah a nice 6/12 like that ought to be good for a while. Kind of in the same boat with my 4930K, it's a bit old & slower but still doing what it should. Probably got a year or two until I replace it.

Become a Patron!
Back