Intel Reportedly Launching Comet Lake-S Processors on April 30, but Embargo Won’t Lift Until End of May

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-blue-light-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

With all of the information that’s already out there, Intel might as well announce its 10th Gen Core processors right now, but alas, fans will have to wait until April 30 for the official announcement. According to El Chapuzas Informatico and VideoCardz, that’s when Intel will lift the veil on Comet Lake-S and provide some internal benchmarks.

Unfortunately, we may not be getting any reviews for at least two months. Wccftech claims that the embargo on these 10th Gen Core processors won’t be lifted until May 27th, which is when they’ll officially go on sale at...

Continue reading...

any takers on bets their 10 core part gets smacked around by the 3700X?

It's never a good sign when the embargo is the same date as the sales release.

That, and a 10/20 chip just doesn't really do it for me anymore. I mean, yeah, I'm still running a 4/8 myself, but if I were looking at something new right now, I see 10/20 and I think ... ~yawn~.

I agree that it isn't a good sign. But I hardly think a 3700X is going to smack it around. Regardless, it's likely another bullshit paper launch. To this day I still can't find an actual 10980XE for sale anywhere.

Yea Intel is trying to.keep up but I don't see that happening. I wonder if anyone will break embargo.

I'm not sure we will even get a sample of one of these. I hope we do, but if we do we will not break embargo. Unfortunately, when you do stuff like that Intel has a very long memory and they hold a grudge.

Someone will get their hands on a sample that isn't under NDA.

I have a feeling it'll perform quite well, but really pump out some watts of heat requiring high end water cooling to hit those numbers. And it'll throttle the hell out of itself under air. 14nm at those clocks and core count...she gonna cook.

Buy your new Intel CPU, it comes with... TOP OF THE LINE GAMING PERFORMANCE. A specially designed phase change cooler with dedicated water cooling AIO Loop. AND you're own power boosting power supply to work with our new top of the line motherboard chipset that allows DUAL power supply feeds.

When every frame counts... Go Intel!

(Should give a 5-10 FPS advantage over the 3950x. Not responsible if household power can not power both 1200w power supplies at once. Please be aware that use of the phase change cooler above stock speeds will void your warranty.)

those clocks and core count...she gonna cook.
During the summer months I'll often put hamburgers/steaks in a container, and then on top of my 4930K rig, to defrost while gaming before throwing on the grill. After a couple of hours it's funny as h*** when family walk by asking what smells so good.

Become a Patron!
Back