MSI Introduces MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Motherboard with Military-Style IO Shielding

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
MSI-MAG-X570-WIFI-1024x576.png

MSI has just announced its latest X570-based Wi-Fi motherboard the MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI. The latest offering succeeds its MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi motherboard. This time around, it appears it has made a number of improvements with a keen eye on overclocking. The previous MPG X570 model had been noted in some reviews with higher-than-expected temperatures with the VRMs. Higher than expected could be putting it mildly, as one reviewer likened it to volcanic level heat. Well, meet the new kid on the block that looks like it is ready to overclock.

MSI-MAG-X570-WIFI-Top-1024x820.png
Image...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I... I'm an old unreasonable fogie for not wanting wifi on my motherboard. I know this... But ghaaa!!!

If I were to build an AMD setup this board would be on the top of my list.

what is so "military" about that styling?
Don't think it's so much to do with the styling but more about the heavy-duty nature of some of the components. Plus MSI has been using 'military' in their branding for some lines for years. I've got an old MSI Z68 GD65 board that had it.

I... I'm an old unreasonable fogie for not wanting wifi on my motherboard. I know this... But ghaaa!!!

Same here.

My Gigabyte Aorus board doesn't even allow me to disable the wifi in the BIOS :/

I was very disappointed about that.

All I want is a minimalistic board. I want next to nothing on board. No SATA, no Ethernet, no sound. On board USB is fine I guess.

Instead give me a many slots as possible and let me really build my own system like in the old days. If I wanted a prebuilt I would have bought a prebuilt.

It says MAG, like Gun Magazine. So military!

Yeah, the way the PC components market has gone is just so goddamned ridiculous and infantile.

It's like they think we are all 8 year old boys.

Except Galax. They also include 8 year old girls who want "My Barbie Dreamhouse" versions of their GPU's.

Last edited:
Yeah, the way the PC components market has gone is just so goddamned ridiculous and infantile.

It's like they think we are all 8 year old boys.

Except galax. They also include 8 year old girls who want "My Barbie Dreamhouse" versions of their GPU's.
I wouldnt mind a hot pink gpu, but I also liked Shattered Horizon.

Never heard of that one. Looks cool.
People hated it because it only had one gun. Then they brought in more guns with terrible balance. Had some fun mind games you could play as your skill increased.

I wouldnt mind a hot pink gpu, but I also liked Shattered Horizon.

Never heard of that one. Looks cool.

I hadnt heard of it before either. I had no idea that Futuremark released games! I remember them from back in the Demoscene days when they were called the Future Crew and organized the Finnish Demo Party named Assembly. Then of course they become Mad Onion and did all the 3DMark stuff, and later Futuremark...

The game looks like it might be interesting. I'm going to check it out.

Is single player any fun, or is it mostly fun in multiplayer?

I hadnt heard of it before either. I had no idea that Futuremark released games! I remember them from back in the Demoscene days when they were called the Future Crew and organized the Finnish Demo Party named Assembly. Then of course they become Mad Onion and did all the 3DMark stuff, and later Futuremark...

The game looks like it might be interesting. I'm going to check it out.

Is single player any fun, or is it mostly fun in multiplayer?
It is MP only. Single player is you against bots.

Become a Patron!
Back