Epic Games Reveals That You Can Run the Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo Pretty Well with a Modern GPU and SSD

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lumen-in-the-land-of-nanite-demo-unreal-engine-5-portal-1024x576.jpg
Image: Epic Games

Thanks to Epic Games’s Unreal Engine 5 tech demo, there are a lot of PlayStation 5 fanboys out there who believe the console will usher in a generational leap that puts even the most graphically impressive PC titles to shame. Epic CEO Tim Sweeney has fueled this thought with his comments regarding the PS5’s storage architecture, which is reportedly years ahead of what we’ve got today and makes experiences like the one teased in the “Lumen in the Land of Nanite” demo possible.

Well, it turns out that PC gamers have nothing to worry...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok that's interesting and honestly... a little sad. If a laptop can run this on a mobile platform with it's power constraints and cut down cards... a modern 2070 super or better should be able to run it just fine.

I suppose it's sad for AMD that they didn't pull a rabbit out of their hat.

And it's GOOD for Epic because their engine can run on more hardware.

And I've seen NOTHING touch a NVME drive speed cap. So it has to be multipath that is the 'huge leap'.

Uhg, if 40 fps is "pretty good" for a highly optimized tech demo by the creators of the engine then we are in for another round of crappy 30 fps ports. So much for next gen. It will be more of the same.

For a laptop video solution... With laptop everything and under tight power constraints. Honestly I'm not terribly worried.

For a laptop video solution... With laptop everything and under tight power constraints. Honestly I'm not terribly worried.
Same and I highly doubt the engine was optimized for any platform yet beyond the PS5.

Become a Patron!
Back