Electronic Arts Is Releasing the Original Source Code for Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Command-Conquer-Remastered-Collection-1024x576.jpg
Image: Electronic Arts

Needless to say, Electronic Arts’s upcoming release of Command & Conquer Remastered Collection is on more than a few people’s radars. These classic games are getting the full treatment from EA in honor of their 25th anniversary as well. Producer Jim Vessella has announced launch detail updates showcasing a seemingly rare occurrence for PC games.

Today we are proud to announce that alongside the launch of the Remastered Collection, Electronic Arts will be releasing the TiberianDawn.dll and RedAlert.dll and their corresponding source code under the GPL version 3.0 license.  This is a key moment for Electronic Arts...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Red Alert, but if this thing costs $150 then EA can go blow themselves.

I'll grab it when it's under $20 on a bundle deal, and maybe they will have LAN play working by then.

I love Red Alert, but if this thing costs $150 then EA can go blow themselves.

I'll grab it when it's under $20 on a bundle deal, and maybe they will have LAN play working by then.
The $150 one was a limited Big Box edition that had everything and the kitchen sink. Pretty sure the digital only versions will at a more normal price range.

Normal version is 20 bucks, well $19.99 on Steam. You get both Command and Conquer and Red Alert along with all of its expansions.

OK I see now the remaster edition is pre-order for $20 so that's not terrible. June 5th...

I have plenty of fond memories of Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer 2.

(Fear my obelisks!)

Red Alert was fun too I guess. I never played a C&C game after that.

I think I had the most fun with 1992's Dune II though. It was Command & Conquer before there was Command & Conquer! Got to love Westwood Studios. Too bad they were merged and suffocated.

Last edited:
I do miss the original Westwood, but realistically C&C (none that I've played at least) doesn't have anywhere near the balance that Starcraft brought to the table. Tank rushes in C&C anyone?

Try rushing with any single unit in SC and you'll get worked hard. lol

Become a Patron!
Back