AMD and NVIDIA Will Reportedly Launch Their Next-Generation Radeon and GeForce GPUs in September

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-flat-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Prepare your wallets. According to a new report from DigiTimes regarding graphics card shipments, AMD and NVIDIA will launch their next-generation Radeon RX and GeForce RTX GPUs in September.

“The first half of a year has been usually the slow season for graphics cards, but this year the coronavirus pandemic-triggeed stay-at-home needs has shored up demand,” wrote DigiTimes. “With AMD and NVIDIA set to launch their next-generation GPUs in September, graphics cards vendors are expected to cut prices for older-generation products, stimulating demand further in third-quarter 2020.”

Unfortunately, DigiTimes didn’t have anything more to add regarding red and green team’s plans, which leaves us to wonder whether these cards will merely be unveiled in September, or if they’ll actually be...

Continue reading...

Man between this and the note 20 I won't have enough scratch!!!

A lot of rumors floating around but I think the one about a 3080TI weighing in at ~$1500 sounds about right. I just got my cards paid off. The hard part will be waiting now.

Reactions: _k_
I'll probably do what I did this generation. Get a 3080 when I can and bitch about it after. lol

Unless Navi is better and a better price.

Last edited:
Get out of here with 1500$ cards. If you can't get next gen console power for a fraction of the price of the console ( say 50 to 70% at most) There is no value in pc gaming in my opinion. Now if its truly above console power, sure price it at whatever, but my benchmark would be performance / price vs next gen console and the card alone has to be a lower price than a whole console system.

Get out of here with 1500$ cards. If you can't get next-gen console power for a fraction of the price of the console ( say 50 to 70% at most) There is no value in pc gaming in my opinion. Now if it's truly above console power, sure price it at whatever, but my benchmark would be performance/price vs next-gen console and the card alone has to be a lower price than a whole console system.
Well it's all very relative to console performance. When they can brag about like-for-like settings at the exact same resolutions and rendering I'll give 'em more credit. I so very nearly got a PS4 Pro or Xbox One back when the 2080TI came out. At heart I'm huge fan of Sony and consistently read reviews of their exclusives. After researching all the smoke and mirrors still used to achieve the tricks for both I decided not to go back to that again. Locked frames, lower res textures, weird render resolutions, and more bizarre tricks are tools of the trade that allow consoles to make statements that are not usually true in comparison to a top of the line rig and game made for it.

Quality costs. Is the value performance ratio right? Absolutely not but it hasn't been for nearly ten years now. It stopped right around the time of the 980 ti's but the bottom line is that no one buys a high-performance part for its value. It's like buying a Ferrari and trying to say it was affordable and got great gas mileage. I play on 65" 4K t.v.'s and can easily see the difference in the games I play. I don't know of a PC enthusiast site on the planet that ever recommends the top of the line card for value either. In fact most recommend the one that is 3 or 4 models below for that. This past gen most recommended either RTX 2070 or 5700xt for performance/value or cards that were one more step down. Even then once you factor in all the other parts of the PC it's going to cost nearly double or triple of the same console. That's just not what it's about. Buying a console is either because that's all you can afford or it offers something you really want.

I admit the demo videos we've seen for next-gen do look great but until there are true side-by-side comparisons to a PC counterpart I'm not going to believe they're the best choice for me. I've had two years with an OC'd 2080 ti and seen amazing things already. For now it just seems like next-gen is just doing the usual catch-up cycle. As far as $1500 goes well most of us would like 'em to be cheaper. They just might but again since the days of Maxwell we've NV do dramatic price increases. People complained when the 1080TI's jumped in price and that didn't stop them. Hasn't stopped them from breaking sales records either. Hasn't stopped them from making cards that consistently outperform at the top level either. There's absolutely no incentive for them to change pricing strategy yet. I'd love AMD or Intel to show up and change that but that's just a pipe dream for now.

Become a Patron!
Back