Capcom Allegedly Shot Down Reboots for Dino Crisis and Other Classic Franchises Years Ago

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
dino-crisis-2-regina-1024x576.jpg
Image: Capcom

With the success of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3, a remake of Dino Crisis can’t be far behind, right? That does seem like a real possibility, but interestingly enough, a reboot of Capcom’s survival-horror spin-off was already set into motion nearly half a decade ago.

According to today’s video from Liam Robertson (via PushSquare) regarding the troubled development of Dead Rising 4, Capcom’s now-defunct Vancouver division had actually pitched ideas for a Dino Crisis remake before it went belly up. In fact, the team even put a couple of months’ work into it, but Capcom Japan ultimately terminated the project due to cost issues.

“The Vancouver branch…attempted to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some games, if it ain't arcade, just don't really work, other than nostalgia.

I'd love to see a modern Duke nukem style game with aiming for hyper realizim while blasting pig aliens and recovering at strip joints.. But in today's society I don't see thst happening.

I've been a huge fan of games on the PC since the late 80's, and I never hard of the Dino Crisis series until now.

Is there a reason you don't just play them on a modern system with everything maxed?
I kind of like to collect old hardware and its just compatibility with some older games. Yeah there are ways around it but I like the idea of maxing out an old 6800GT and seeing what those **** pixel pipelines can do.

Become a Patron!
Back