NVIDIA’s Mythical RTX 3090 Will Supposedly Offer 50 Percent Better Performance

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
jdsp-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-render-angled-1024x576.jpg
Image: JDSP

Gather around, NVIDIA fans – it’s been exactly five minutes, which means that there’s another crazy GeForce RTX 30 series rumor to discuss and laugh about. This time, we’re hearing that green team’s RTX 3090, which may not even exist (in name, at least), will be 50 percent more powerful than the current RTX 2080 Ti flagship. More specifically, the rumor pertains to the GPU’s performance in TimeSpy Extreme – according to kopite7kimi, we should expect a 10,000-point increase with that benchmark.

It's true. Almost 10000pts.— kopite7kimi (@kopite7kimi) July 30, 2020

Are you telling me that it's over 9000...

Continue reading...

Yeah, starting to think we need a virtual spin-wheel on the site for this card. Each spot could be price, performance, name, related. Just give it a spin for the latest info. ;)

Didn't I read an article not long ago that claimed it'll be 30% or 40% faster?

edit
Nevermind it was the 3080 being 20% faster.

Its all about those die sizes and price. I will not be too impressed with 800+ die sizes and prices to match.
Those cards, while it seems that they sell some, seem more of technological show cases of sorts.
That said, in a way there is value in that, and it may be something for AMD to consider doing in a serious definitive fashion ( by that i don't mean a little binning and a little overclock, but a mass die or multi chip beast)
AMD does have scalability beyond what they have done, I don't know how bandwith starved big navi will be, assuming it will be less than vega, so it should scale even more... For a halo card they can go balls to the wall with hbm2 beastmode edition, charge a price to match, of it sells or not is less relevant.
I don't think AMD "can't match" nvidia is too accurate I just don't think they ever bothered to put a team for halo card, it just wasn't worth the money when you are in survivalist mode. I think in a strict technological sense they always been able to match to a greater extent than what they have bothered with it. As far as big navi goes, we will see.. it they use the ryzen approach of piecing together modules , it could very well be scalable, and simple, just add more modules, add more bandwidth (switch to hbm2 if needed) mix it a bit , price it halo product and call it a day.

Last edited:
Just wait for the next big Navi speculation of on par to 3090 for half the price and a the rainbows.

Actually the current rumor mills on Big Navi is that it might beat out 2080 but is likely to get spanked by 3080+. AMD takes too long to get their GPU product out, they need to find a way to speed up their cycles. How long have we heard about Big Poppy? 5 years now?

Become a Patron!
Back