Halo Infinite’s Multiplayer Will Be Free to Play and Support 120 FPS, according to Retailer

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
halo-infinite-key-art-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: 343 Industries

Halo Infinite has received quite a bit of criticism regarding its strange, outdated visuals, but here’s some good news to fuel up the hype train for Xbox Series X’s flagship title again. According to retailer Smyths Toys, Microsoft and 343 Industries are planning to make Infinite’s multiplayer completely free to play! We don’t need to explain why that’s awesome – if true, the Halo community is about to get a lot bigger.

The listing published by Smyths Toys (which has now been removed) also claimed that Halo Infinite’s multiplayer would support frame rates of up to 120 FPS. That seems a little far fetched, even...

Continue reading...

Just include it on every new Xbox-XYZ console. Announcing it is "free" sounds like a f2p like Apex or Fortnight.

As someone who's never played any of the Halo games I'm sort of happy about this.

Been meaning to buy the Halo package on Steam for a while now.

I'm very Meh over a new shooter. I was into it back when Counter Strike was a mod for Half Life 2. Still preferred Half Life 2 rats maps. ;)

You know some games I want to see. A solid fun open world racing game. I play the Crew 2 but want something more natural like Oh... I don't know Test Drive Unlimited was back in the day. To this day I haven't seen a open world driving game come close to what they achieved.

120 fps is cool, not sure if I see the benefit on a console, but still a neat feature. It'd be really cool if they support alternate resolutions on the XSX (read: ultrawide).

As someone who's never played any of the Halo games I'm sort of happy about this.

Been meaning to buy the Halo package on Steam for a while now.
Its well worth it imo but I loved Halo 1.
If this makes me feel like I am playing Halo 1 Re-done then it wont be a problem to me at all.

Become a Patron!
Back