Intel’s Woes Deepen as New Lawsuit Looms

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
intel-logo-blue-glitter-box-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Things seem to go from bad to worse for Intel as the year draws on. Back in 2018, it appeared it was heading for a new golden age with the hiring of many well-known people from within the tech industry. New node processes were on the books for its aging CPU designs, and as a surprise to all, murmurings of a new discrete GPU product line began to emerge. Soon after these positive events, things began to take a turn for the worse.

A seemingly never-ending amount of CPU exploits began to be publicized as Spectre and Meltdown were discovered. They have continued throughout 2020 as well. Some mitigations were also noted to cause significant performance decreases, which only added salt to the...

Continue reading...

Are they retaining or draining talent?
Seems draining to me...
I mean Intel posts record profits and mass layoffs routinely.
If I was ' talent' of any sort I would be looking for the exit... Companies demand loyalty be one way, but some more than others, and from my very very far point of view Intels seems to be one of those that demands loyalty entirety and only one way.
Stability has a lot of value to many.

Seems to be it was just a matter of time. How fickle the hands of fate are when you bumble with their money.

Kyle leaving their PR department was the beginning of the end ...
I remember those days all too well. They were hiring people left and right. It seemed like they were about to reinvent themselves for the new decade. It is honestly still surprising to me how much to the contrary has happened in so little time afterward.

Heck Kyle leaving Intel in the scheme of things wasn't that long ago. Honestly I think the real wake-up call to the investors was when NVIDIA became a more valuable company than Intel. Brass tax that is where the money is. Investors in Intel thought they had the golden goose and they squeezed it so hard out came a turd.

Kyle wasn't even with Intel long enough to have any kind of impact what-so-ever.

Become a Patron!
Back