Intel’s Xe-HPG Gaming GPUs Could Use TSMC’s 6 Nm Process Node

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Intel-Xe-DG1-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Intel is readying its product stack for its upcoming Xe lineup. Last week, details emerged about a new 10 nm SuperFin process. Additional details for the Xe gaming lineup are now coming forth. Wccftech has reported that the Xe-HPG GPUs may be using a different process node. The Xe-HPG sits in the middle of Intel’s Xe product stack. It falls between the HP (datacenter-oriented) and LP (mobile-oriented) tiers. Rumor has it that TSMC’s 6 nm process node could be chosen for this particular GPU.

Codenamed N6, this fabrication process represents the...

Continue reading...

It could be 3nm too.. have triple optane drives, 64 gb of gddr8 plus in a triple chip stack of 64k processing units with double ray tracing and shadow tracing .. all for 299 launching 21ish, or 22ish or 23ish.

All these 'news' from Intel really read like a wish list to Santa Claus.

I am prepared to get overhyped and underwhelmed.
Yep... Its just a matter of degrees of underwhelming.
Yep..I have to agree on both fronts. At this point, I feel the hype trains need to stop and the real ones need to leave the station. Get these things out in the wild already. At this point, nobody is expecting miracles but if they could get some sales going they could get revenue started along with real-world experiences for them. Around 2nd or 3rd gens, sure we'll all be expecting more but for the 1st, just get 'em out already.

Become a Patron!
Back