Here’s How Cyberpunk 2077 Looks on NVIDIA’s New GeForce RTX 30 Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-geforce-rtx-30-series-night-city-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA and CD PROJEKT RED have uploaded a new Cyberpunk 2077 trailer that demonstrates how the hotly anticipated RPG will look on green team’s new Ampere-based GPUs. Being that the GeForce RTX 30 Series offers up to twice the ray-tracing performance of its predecessors, the highlight here is unsurprising: ray-traced diffuse illumination, ray-traced reflections, ray-traced ambient occlusion, and ray-traced shadows are set to liven up Night City to life in a big way.

According to NVIDIA, the trailer below represents Cyberpunk 2077 running at its maximum graphical fidelity in 4K, with all RTX options enabled. (We’re not sure which exact RTX 30 Series GPU was used, but our money is on the GeForce RTX 3090.)

“Cyberpunk 2077 is a...

Continue reading...

Wow, that is looking great. It's just too bad about the Youtube compression.

Man... this game is going to be very expensive... if my 2080 can't cut it at 1440p I'm so hosed....

The roundabout clip around 00:32s looks bland, especially when compared against everything else in that clip which looks awesome.

This is the only reason why I'm even entertaining the idea of picking up 3090, but... $1500 to play one game? ehhh....

I sure hope RDNA2 delivers in a big way ... might help to get those stinkin' Nvidia prices down ...

Lets see how do I justify this to my wife... Dear you see the 800 dollar video card I bought before... didn't I mention it was 800... I'm sure I did... well you see it's past it's prime as there is a newer version of the card that is about twice as fast as the old one... no it's just how technology progresses. Well if I want to get the optimum performance out of this game I ordered... oh... it was 75 dollars.. normal price for a game. Anyway as I was saying if I get this card and get at least 100 hours of game play out of this game... with this card... I would only be spending like 16 or 17 dollars an hour of game play... but BUT I'll use this card to play other games as well!

Well yes my current card CAN play those games but not as well.

What... no no don't do math... well... ok yes it would be TWICE as much as the old card but I've used it a lot over the past couple years... Well sure I mean... a remodel on the bathroom is important but... yes... I know...

Maybe I should just squirrel away the money and buy it without asking? hummm...

Lets see how do I justify this to my wife... Dear you see the 800 dollar video card I bought before... didn't I mention it was 800... I'm sure I did... well you see it's past it's prime as there is a newer version of the card that is about twice as fast as the old one... no it's just how technology progresses. Well if I want to get the optimum performance out of this game I ordered... oh... it was 75 dollars.. normal price for a game. Anyway as I was saying if I get this card and get at least 100 hours of game play out of this game... with this card... I would only be spending like 16 or 17 dollars an hour of game play... but BUT I'll use this card to play other games as well!

What... no no don't do math... well... ok yes it would be TWICE as much as the old card but I've used it a lot over the past couple years... Well sure I mean... a remodel on the bathroom is important but... yes... I know...

Hehe, do sell the old one, it will help with the new one of course.

I am using the old one in a slow build of a new pc for my son.... hummmm maybe that's the solution! ;)

This game is one of the driving reasons behind my desire to upgrade to an RTX 3090. However, I probably would have done it even if this game didn't exist.

I'm ok with nVidia's latest... now that it's out, and we are just waiting on the benchmarks to confirm.

What I'm really worried about is CP2077 being a letdown after so much hype. It has a lot of live up to - and I really hope it does.

I'm ok with nVidia's latest... now that it's out, and we are just waiting on the benchmarks to confirm.

What I'm really worried about is CP2077 being a letdown after so much hype. It has a lot of live up to - and I really hope it does.
I'm a little nervous about it as well. I'm a huge fan of CDPR. I'm doing my umpteenth playthrough of The Witcher 3, part of my 1st time playing the whole series back to back complete with save imports, and this time in 32:9 to boot. The level of immersion with it serves to remind me of how much CP2077 has to live up to. That's not even including the subject matter, or technology involved.

There is a reason they push RT performance this much. I still think actual rasterizer performance without RT won't be such a leap. I can't wait for real uncontrieved benchmarks.

Yep, I started telling my wife last fall to expect me to drop some serious $$$ once these came out. Back then I told her it'd be between $1K-$2K. It's my one big purchase for the year, other than the monitor I got for my birthday.

I'm a little nervous about it as well. I'm a huge fan of CDPR. I'm doing my umpteenth playthrough of The Witcher 3, part of my 1st time playing the whole series back to back complete with save imports, and this time in 32:9 to boot. The level of immersion with it serves to remind me of how much CP2077 has to live up to. That's not even including the subject matter, or technology involved.
I'm going into this with a Witcher 2 level of expectations. They obviously know how to make a great game, but as noted... this is a little different for them in a lot of ways (FPP, guns, cars, etc). I think the basics will be ironed out, and I expect the story to be top notch, but it will fall short in some other areas (what those shortcomings might be, I don't know).

I hope I'm wrong and the game will be leaps and bounds better than anything out there in every way imaginable. :D

Become a Patron!
Back