Here’s What Crysis Remastered Looks Like Running in 8K

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
crysis-remastered-1024x576.jpg
Image: Crytek

With the PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 releases being days away, Crytek has published a new Crysis Remastered trailer that teases what kind of visual improvements players can expect from the hyped remake. In addition to various effects such as global illumination and real-time reflections, the footage shows off the game’s memey “Can It Run Crysis?” mode, which boasts 8K resolution and textures. There’s even close-ups of the newly remastered 8K Nanosuit at the end.

“Here is the official Tech Trailer for Crysis Remastered – rendered natively in 8K resolution!,” wrote Crytek. “The game is upgraded with high-quality textures up to 8K resolution, Global Illumination (SVOGI), state-of-the-art depth of field, new light settings, motion blur, Ray tracing – for the first time on consoles – and much more for a...

Continue reading...

I'm looking forward to playing this on the weekend. Hopefully they also fixed the crash-happy final boss battle. The 2007 one was a huge PIA for that.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Only complaint is that the water looks too clean and clear compared to the original game. There is also less parallax mapping in the ground, but that is arguably more realistic. It's just too bad about the Epic exclusivity. They did us dirty by changing the Epic Games logo at the end to a generic "PC" one. I would buy it if it was available anywhere else, preferably on GOG.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Only complaint is that the water looks too clean and clear compared to the original game. There is also less parallax mapping in the ground, but that is arguably more realistic. It's just too bad about the Epic exclusivity. They did us dirty by changing the Epic Games logo at the end to a generic "PC" one. I would buy it if it was available anywhere else, preferably on GOG.
I agree. Don't think I've heard how long it'll be exclusive on EGS either. Funny how that detail has been left out with all of the newer press updates. I'll still get it but I'd much rather get it on GOG as well.

I agree. Don't think I've heard how long it'll be exclusive on EGS either. Funny how that detail has been left out with all of the newer press updates. I'll still get it but I'd much rather get it on GOG as well.
I have a bad feeling that this is because it is going to be exclusive indefinitely. Oh, well. I guess Crytek doesn't want my money.

I have a bad feeling that this is because it is going to be exclusive indefinitely. Oh, well. I guess Crytek doesn't want my money.
True I mean it'll probably be free here soon.

Ok the game DOES look better but it isn't a OOooo I need this game. Then again Crysis never was for me.

Wow even the "old" footage looks pretty good at 4k fullscreen. I'd say this looks pretty **** good. Maybe finally a remaster worth bothering with.

Become a Patron!
Back