Cyberpunk 2077 PC System Requirements Revealed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-cover-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED has revealed what kind of rig you’ll need to witness Cyberpunk 2077 at its intended glory – or something close to it, at least. For the recommended experience, you’ll want a CPU that’s equal to (or better than) an Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, while an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon R9 Fury, or better GPU will work for the graphics side.

We’re also looking at 12 gigs of memory and 70 GB of required storage space, which suggests that this will be a pretty big game (and fairly long download). CD PROJEKT RED also recommends an SSD for what would presumably be a quicker loading and smoother gaming experience.

MINIMUM:

OS: Windows 7 or 10Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310Memory: 8 GB RAMGraphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon RX...

Continue reading...

^^Per CDPR:
Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...issue/1556/cyberpunk-2077-system-requirements

If we reference Witcher 3, it has 4 graphical settings: Low, Medium, High, and Uber. High setting is just their mix of medium/high settings with the most demanding settings turned off (in this case, I suspect this is all without RT/DLSS/whatever else they deem unnecessary). It might also be high settings as compared to whatever the current generation of consoles can do. Everything else is just extra, and the game will, without a doubt, be demanding if you plan to run it at 4K with everything turned to Ultra at 60-120FPS.

^^Per CDPR:

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...issue/1556/cyberpunk-2077-system-requirements

If we reference Witcher 3, it has 4 graphical settings: Low, Medium, High, and Uber..

Don't remember uber in W3, it had ultra, nitpicking for sure, but I do remember it in W2. Uber there meant it went 2 x 2 for any resolution picked. So if playing in 1080p, using uber, it basically rendered in 4K. No wonder that W2 still looks great in 4K and uber can still bring modern cards to their knees.

I approve but im surprised the recommended specs are not with rt. Seems that would be needed.
There should be a third called 'optimal' with 4K and RT. And then they would recommend waiting for two years to get a suitable GPU :p
It is odd. Over the last year, I've seen a number of games that list with, or without RT specs.

I dont think they would list anything that could discourage potential customers.
I thought the same. It's a shame though because they already have gotten so much media coverage it shouldn't be an issue.

System requirements are usually approved by marketing people. They aren't based on what the game actually runs good on, but what is most popular in steam surveys.
Still, they could have followed what other developers have been doing and provide a variety of hardware configurations recommended for different resolutions and settings. id did this well more recently with Doom Eternal.

Still, they could have followed what other developers have been doing and provide a variety of hardware configurations recommended for different resolutions and settings. id did this well more recently with Doom Eternal.
One of their Twitter guys said they will be following up with system specs for 4K, RTX at a later date.

Become a Patron!
Back