EVGA’s New Queue-Based Checkout Gives You Five Hours to Grab a GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
evga-geforce-rtx-3080-ftw3-ultra-gaming-angled-1024x576.jpg
Image: EVGA

EVGA is making it easier for NVIDIA fans to score a GeForce RTX 3080 or GeForce RTX 3090, which, according to CEO Jensen Huang, are selling like hot cakes due to unprecedented demand. A queue-based notification system has been implemented, meaning that stock availability notifications will be delivered in the order that they were received.

Normally, these are pretty useless for high-demand products because they’re sent out to everybody at once, but EVGA’s change should make it easier to get a GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card when they become available (as you might expect, every card is out of stock right now).

There is one caveat, though: you only have five hours to place your purchase from the time you receive your notification...

Continue reading...

Might be worth trying.

I mean, are EVGA cards among the ones we suspect have bad capacitors though?

I know they were shipping them without boxes for a while. If you cant even get the box right, it is difficult to trust the company.

Might be worth trying.

I mean, are EVGA cards among the ones we suspect have bad capacitors though?

I know they were shipping them without boxes for a while. If you cant even get the box right, it is difficult to trust the company.

There are no bad capacitors.

All good and well, but that does not help us Europeans.

Better. I'd still a proper backorder or deposit system... but hey, if they want to reinvent the wheel maybe this works out better.

Glad they're at least trying to do something. Not sure if its the best choice, but at least its something. Kudos to them for the effort though.

Word must have gotten out.
Website crashed twice while I was checking to see if I still had an account.
I like this idea.
I wonder how many months until I get to the head of the line.

Meh, I looked at their 3090 cards.

They are all above MSRP. Some by a lot.

Of course only the base model is going to be at MSRP. And, at least when I viewed it, the base model was right at the MSRP of $1,499 (but only because it had a curious "Instant Rebate" of $30)

Meh, I looked at their 3090 cards.

$1499

Meanwhile, I'm curious about the Hybrid 3090 pricing and when that will be available..

Meanwhile, I'm curious about the Hybrid 3090 pricing and when that will be available..

I must have misremembered the MSRP, I thought it was supposed to be $1399 for "normal" cards, and $1499 for Founders Edition.

Maybe that was just one of the last rumors before launch.

The response time has been posted to be 8 hours, not 5.
stated in both the forums and the front page.
"To sign up, use the notification button on the product you would like to be notified for. For everyone who already used the notify button previously, you are already entered. Once product is available (and it is your turn to purchase), you will receive a secure email that will allow you to purchase the product that you received a notification for. Please note that you have 8 hours to place your order, if your order is not complete within 8 hours, the product will be released back into queue system." (forum quote)

" Please note that you have 8 hours to place your order, if your order is not complete within 8 hours, the product will be released back into queue system." (front page of 30 series)

'

I must have misremembered the MSRP, I thought it was supposed to be $1399 for "normal" cards, and $1499 for Founders Edition.

Maybe that was just one of the last rumors before launch.
It's what people assumed it would be, but FE prices are not $100 over the base SRP anymore.
The response time has been posted to be 8 hours, not 5.
stated in both the forums and the front page.
"To sign up, use the notification button on the product you would like to be notified for. For everyone who already used the notify button previously, you are already entered. Once product is available (and it is your turn to purchase), you will receive a secure email that will allow you to purchase the product that you received a notification for. Please note that you have 8 hours to place your order, if your order is not complete within 8 hours, the product will be released back into queue system." (forum quote)

" Please note that you have 8 hours to place your order, if your order is not complete within 8 hours, the product will be released back into queue system." (front page of 30 series)

'
The original forum post said 5 hours. The change to 8 hours must have happened after that. The top post on the thread has been extensively edited since I first saw it.

People are reporting they're already getting notifications. The e-mail still says 5 hours instead of 8.

View attachment 498
Could be whoever is doing the edits on the page hasn't gotten around to the email auto-replies. In either case, I wouldn't chance it and wait for 8 hours to go by. God only knows what else hasn't been changed in the system.

Become a Patron!
Back