The FPS Reviewcast – Episode 1

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Today we’ve published our first episode of The FPS Reviewcast. Our goal is for our editors to get together about once per week and talk about the reviews that we’ve finished along with the popular news that everyone has been reading from our site.

It’s currently available on our YouTube channel and over the coming days, we will make the audio portion available through a number of podcast providers so you can take it on the go and listen in. Let us know your thoughts on the forums – we’ve learned a lot with this first one and have a number of improvements that we’ll make to next week.

Topic Index

ASUS TUF GAMING X570 Plus Wi-Fi Motherboard (1:03)CoD:MW – 250GB SSDs Obsolete...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a great first podcast guys!!!!!!!

@Dan_D you made some great points both in the motherboards and video card sectors. You also, of course, brought up some great points on the current and previous gen's of video cards that I believe will keep the target audiences focused on the podcasts.

@Paul_Johnson I really am looking forward to the review on the Silverstone 1650 power supply man!! As you mentioned, they really do set a different standard for most all of the products, whether it is size, design, shape, or uniqueness compared to other manufactures. I also agree with your belief about the availability on the new Navi cards. I feel, as it seems you do as well, that if AMD has their cards available on release day Nvidia will loose a ton of sales!

@LeRoy_Blanchard I can't wait for the review on that Corsair 4000D case. I'm extremely excited on seeing enclosures added to the review lists on the main page and look forward to reading reviews on the upcoming cases.

And last but not least, @David_Schroth you did a great job at hosting the podcast!!!!! You seemed to interject the conversation when it was appropriate and brought up great points in the news regarding rumors and upcoming products.

A job well done guys!!!!!!

I really like the idea of these podcasts and hope they work out and we as a community have a great audience to watch and listen to them.

Looks good to me. Only request is better mic's. And send DD a cam.

Yeah - Mics need to improve, but overall audio could be improved. Used MS Teams' internal recording and it.. was fairly low... same for the video which was apparently taped at 8 FPS. That's.. not enough...

No one wants to see that.

You may get a delivery this week. Well two, if you count the NZXT board that should show up today.

You need a "readers optinion" section. I'll come on and complain about stuff. My wife said I'm good about that.

We could do a mailbag sort of thing to answer questions left in the forums, or yes, could invite folks to jump in and complain to us.

Once we get our feet under ourselves, I want to move this to a live streaming sort of thing that will allow for some interaction on the fly. Need to work on timing/pace a bit first (there may have been a half hour of rabbit trails left on the cutting room floor on this one...)

Twitch for live. Probably the best platform and you'll reach viewers where this content matters.

Yeah - Mics need to improve, but overall audio could be improved. Used MS Teams' internal recording and it.. was fairly low... same for the video which was apparently taped at 8 FPS. That's.. not enough...

You may get a delivery this week. Well two, if you count the NZXT board that should show up today.

Thanks for the warning. I will try and make sure not to shoot the UPS man or let the dog eat him.

As for the rest, there is a definite learning curve. We are all a bunch of middle aged tech guys who aren't used to this whole video thing. :)

We are all a bunch of middle aged tech guys who aren't used to this whole video thing. :)

Ahhh, it'll get easier as time goes.

I agree though, the mic's could be better. Maybe do like David and grab a set of headphones with mic.
His voice was clear and didn't echo.

I agree though, the mic's could be better. Maybe do like David and grab a set of headphones with mic.
I've been on some tech support calls with teams where a member has one. Sound quality is awesome when it works. However, I've also witnessed how they can become a PIA when some kind of connectivity issue comes up. It's always kind of funny when the rest of us have to wait for that one person to switch back to a mic or webcam when it fails. I'm sure, like anything else, there's a right way and a wrong way but wanted to share my experiences in witnessing them.

You make a good point @Peter_Brosdahl .
I have also seen headsets take a powder right in the middle of a cast. It makes for a frustrating time LOL.
However, if a person has a solid headset the sound through the mike is much better of course.

I was actually using the same headset as he was. Well, his might be the G935, mines the older G933, but they are similar. They certainly look the same.

I was actually using the same headset as he was. Well, his might be the G935, mines the older G933, but they are similar. They certainly look the same.

I could tell from listening to the podcast that you were also using a headset. Your voice was clear and crisp as well.

I also have the Logitech G933 wireless set as well.
I've also got a HyperX set. The speaker sound is much better on the HyperX and I don't know which one has the better mic.

Become a Patron!
Back