The Outer Worlds Is Coming to Steam in Two Weeks

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
the-outer-worlds-artwork-1024x576.jpg
Image: Obsidian Entertainment

The Outer Worlds is about to end its one-year exclusivity on the Epic Games Store. Obsidian Entertainment’s space-faring, action role-playing game is coming to Steam in two weeks.

The Board is excited to inform you that job openings for employees through Steam will be opening on Oct 23! Your shift begins in 2 weeks, spacers, so start your preparations today! 🚀✨https://t.co/Hm7myuqXqs pic.twitter.com/LquEgz7njq— The Outer Worlds (@OuterWorlds) October 9, 2020

When The Outer Worlds was first released, it garnered mostly favorable reviews as a spiritual...

Continue reading...

Cool.

I'll probably buy it to show support, as long as they don't price it like it's a brand new game, which it no longer is.

**** Epic. **** them long and **** them hard.

LOL I forgot I even had this game that I actually paid for. Some day I might even finish it. Maybe.

This game was also on the Microsoft Store since release. I got it there already for the Play Anywhere perk.

LOL I forgot I even had this game that I actually paid for. Some day I might even finish it. Maybe.
I can't remember what I got it free with but it was something involved in my 3700x build last year. One of these days I'll get around to playing it.

As someone who usually takes a long time to get around to new games anyways, I almost never notice when games have time-limited EGS exclusivity. Before I even know it, they're being made available on Steam. A year of exclusivity can go by real dang fast.

As someone who usually takes a long time to get around to new games anyways, I almost never notice when games have time-limited EGS exclusivity. Before I even know it, they're being made available on Steam. A year of exclusivity can go by real dang fast.
Probably better that way anyway. These days it seems like it almost takes a year for game to fully bake after release.

I played it because I Got a game pass sub with my 3700x, but I do not wish that expereience even on my enemies. I mean games pass on PC, not the game itself. I liked it well enough, but it's not spectacular I never went back to it after completing the main campaign once.

I played it because I Got a game pass sub with my 3700x, but I do not wish that expereience even on my enemies. I mean games pass on PC, not the game itself. I liked it well enough, but it's not spectacular I never went back to it after completing the main campaign once.

My experience wasn't far from this.

Game was not too bad.

Game Pass on the PC - ~almost~ there. Great idea, fails in the execution. I think tying it to the Windows Store, with it's very arcane method of file management and permissions, makes it pretty awkward to use. Particularly if your a neat freak and like all your files and folders to line up nice and tidy.

My experience wasn't far from this.

Game was not too bad.

Game Pass on the PC - ~almost~ there. Great idea, fails in the execution. I think tying it to the Windows Store, with it's very arcane method of file management and permissions, makes it pretty awkward to use. Particularly if your a neat freak and like all your files and folders to line up nice and tidy.

Yeah I tried that too, and yeah.... just not a very well thought out / designed process.

I think that might be how I got it as well but somehow I was able to link it to my EGS account. I do remember some kind of clunky process for it all though.

Become a Patron!
Back