The FPS Reviewcast – Episode 1

I could tell from listening to the podcast that you were also using a headset. Your voice was clear and crisp as well.

I also have the Logitech G933 wireless set as well.
I've also got a HyperX set. The speaker sound is much better on the HyperX and I don't know which one has the better mic.

A friend of mine has the Hyper X and really likes it. I've never listened to it, but when we play games his voice is always clear.

A friend of mine has the Hyper X and really likes it. I've never listened to it, but when we play games his voice is always clear.
That is one thing I have to totally agree about with certain headsets. The clarity can be downright amazing at times.

Headset mics are just plain garbage. They lack depth that makes everything sound like a 1950's AM broadcast. Fine for gaming, but just not good for anything else.

A cheap $40 condenser mic off amazon will sounds 10x better than any headset mic.

Headset mics are just plain garbage. They lack depth that makes everything sound like a 1950's AM broadcast. Fine for gaming, but just not good for anything else.

A cheap $40 condenser mic off amazon will sounds 10x better than any headset mic.

Well, that may be true, however for a podcast a headset mic sound fine. Did you listen to the podcast? David and Dan sounded fine. Their voices were clear and crisp. LeRoy and Paul sounded distant and they had an echo from the onboard mics or what ever they are using.

Well, that may be true, however for a podcast a headset mic sound fine. Did you listen to the podcast? David and Dan sounded fine. Their voices were clear and crisp. LeRoy and Paul sounded distant and they had an echo from the onboard mics or what ever they are using.

I did listen to it. I still stand behind my statement. A $40 USB condenser mic can turn somewhat acceptable podcast audio in to a much more professional level production.

This is a hardware review website. Not some kid talking about their League of Legends games.

I think it's great you guys are doing a podcast .. me having verbal OCD though .. all I hear is " ... ummm .... ummm .." unfortunately. Once you do a few and go back and watch/listen to them yourselves .. the empty filler words like "umm" .. will dissipate I'm sure, lol.

First impressions matter in a society where we are over saturated with media.

So:

Camera angles
Lighting
Sound quality
Backdrop

I come from an special events background, and you can loose an audience in the first 15 seconds.

Finally got around to checking this out, content wise it seemed fine, technically there is still room for some improvement but that is to be expected, even the most veteran podcasters/streamers I watch seem to have issues every so often.

As mentioned by others, sound quality for me is one the main things as for me this is more a listening experience

Are you the Leroy with a small 'd' down below :LOL:

From the waste down I am not white. ;)

Looks good to me. Only request is better mic's. And send DD a cam.

I grabbed my headset AFTER we were done.

Was using the built in mic on my laptop. I couldn't hear me and no one said anything about how I sounded during it. :(

Was using the built in mic on my laptop. I couldn't hear me and no one said anything about how I sounded during it. :(

No, it wasn't that it sounded funky or anything like that bro. Your voice just had kind of a distant echo to it is all. It was clear and crisp; don't get me wrong man. Just the echo sound like talking in an empty room vs a room that has a ton of furniture in it.

Become a Patron!
Back