Milla Jovovich Fights Wyverns In Official Monster Hunter Trailer

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
monster-hunter-movie-poster-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony Pictures

Following a number of short teasers, Sony has released the full-length trailer for Paul W.S. Anderson’s (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil) latest video game adaptation, Monster Hunter.

As you might expect, the film deviates from Capcom’s source material and takes a few major liberties, such as switching out the franchise’s typical Hunter protagonists for Milla Jovovich (Captain Artemis) and a team of military soldiers. After being transported to the Monster Hunter world via sandstorm/portal, Artemis teams up with an actual Hunter (played by Tony Jaa) to battle Diablos, Rathalos, and other monster staples.

Anderson (who learned about Monster Hunter during his travels to Japan) has professed his love for the franchise, calling the film a “passion...

Continue reading...

If he has such a love for the franchise, why is he bastardizing it so much? He said the same thing about Resident Evil, and look what he did with that. Paul W.S. Anderson is no better than Uwe Boll, in my opinion. He was trying to pitch a Castlevania movie where the Vampire Killer was a sword, for crying out loud.

Looks dumb. Just as one would expect from this guy. Only the first resident evil movie was any good, and it had almost nothing to do with the games. Mila needs to stop picking bad movies like this, but I guess she likes to be in her husband's movies.

Meh I've enjoyed the Resident evil movies, and that looks like fun too. But I am really not loving the rail thin scrawny characters that are supposed to be physically badass all the time and keep going with many injuries or hits.

You know who could have pulled that off better? Get some of the female MMA fighters to play a role like that. Do what Wonder Woman did and pull in some international athletes to play physically badass roles. Gal Gadot was too skinny until they revealed she's supposed to be a god or made my a god or something in Wonder Woman. We need more direction like that.

You want a fun movie about a squad of soldiers forced to face off against monsters unexpectedly? Check out Dog Soldiers.

The fact that nearly every bit of footage for the various trailers has all been focused on that same desert scene doe not bode well. Starting to wonder if it's going to be 2 hours all on the same set location.

Why the **** does Capcom keep letting Anderson make movies using their IPs?! I honestly have no idea how this has gone on for so long.
My guess is the ability to keep within budget along with just enough eye candy that higher ups can approve of. Although budget more than likely the top reason.

My guess is they keep making money.
It's true. The RE movies consistently made back at least double their production budget in movie ticket sales domestically. Being R-rated movies they typically only had production budgets in the $40 million range with the later entries.

Funny, I liked ( as is they are ok) MK and RE movies. I like how this one looks too.

Funny, I liked ( as is they are ok) MK and RE movies. I like how this one looks too.
I like the first MK movie, but that was only directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. I am also a fan of Event Horizon, which is another movie he directed but did not write. All the RE movies and the Monster Hunter movies are also written by him. It seems he is a fine director, but not so much a writer.

I like the first MK movie, but that was only directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. I am also a fan of Event Horizon, which is another movie he directed but did not write. All the RE movies and the Monster Hunter movies are also written by him. It seems he is a fine director, but not so much a writer.

I forgot he did Event Horizon, which is a great space horror movie. MK1 was "ok" but fairly cheesy.

She might still have one or two movies in her. Looks nice for 45. Yes, yes you can hate me for caring more about the looks of the lead actress than the quality of the film.

Become a Patron!
Back