Apex Legends Coming to Steam on November 4th without Origin Launcher Requirement

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
apex-legends-screenshot-rampart-big-gun-1024x576.jpg
Image: Respawn Entertainment

Respawn Entertainment’s incredibly successful F2P battle royale title, Apex Legends, is coming to Steam on November 4.

Unlike other Origin to Steam transplants (e.g., Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order), the game will run without EA’s launcher, which is great news for those of you who’d prefer to avoid another, pointless layer of third-party DRM.

“Apex will launch directly with Steam without running Origin,” Respawn engineer Michael Kalas confirmed in a thread on r/apexlegends last year.

Apex Legends players who have racked up a ton of hours on the Origin...

Continue reading...

Coming to Steam WITHOUT needing to use Origin?! EA finally ****ing seems to be getting the message.

I hope they fix their ****, Origin was down most of last night, and apex legends this evening is so laggy I can't even run in a straight line and get rubberbanded all over the place.

Wouldn't even play this game if EA paid me to do so. My sanity is worth more than even they could offer.
I actually quite enjoy it but I’m fond of the battle royale genre. I’ve never played fortnite though.
Apex, PUBG, Warzone on the other hand I find quite replayable.

Become a Patron!
Back