NVIDIA’s New GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU (RTX 3070 Ti?) Is Reportedly a 320-Watt Response to AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XL

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-top-side-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Prolific leaker kopite7kimi has shared a few additional details pertaining to NVIDIA’s new GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU, which is believed to be a GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (the model supposedly sits between a GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3070 in terms of performance).

Surprisingly, NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (PG132-SKU35) is said to have a TGP of 320 watts. That would put it right in line with the flagship GeForce RTX 3080’s power demands – 100 watts higher than the standard GeForce RTX 3070.

kopite7kimi also suggests that the...

Continue reading...

If that chip is like the one on the 3080, performance is directly correlated to the power consumption. So 320 watts on 3070Ti would be the same performance as 320 watts on 3080.

So the plain 3070 might see a price drop before it even hits the store.
It's may've happened before so it could happen again. While researching a story months ago I came across something along the lines where AMD announced a price right before Jensen took the stage for a keynote for a previous launch and supposedly he changed the price right there on the spot. I don't know how true that is but I found it interesting.

This could be interesting to run at 250w and see how it stacks up compared to the 3070... you know, assuming any are actually ever in stock

It would be interesting to see out of which black hole they are going to pull these as they can barely get 3080's made, or are there so many defects in the GPU's they need to cut them down to be able to sell something?

What is it? The 28th that AMD is releasing their new cards?
It's going to be interesting to see how the inventory will shape up on both sides of the fence after AMD releases their cards.

But as you said @Denpepe , "which black hole they are going to pull these." :LOL: :LOL:

What is it? The 28th that AMD is releasing their new cards?
It's going to be interesting to see how the inventory will shape up on both sides of the fence after AMD releases their cards.

But as you said @Denpepe , "which black hole they are going to pull these." :LOL: :LOL:

AMD is going to announce them on the 28, that does not mean launch, they already announced their new CPU's but they will only launch early november, so this could also be in a month so late november early december for all we know

AMD is going to announce them on the 28, that does not mean launch, they already announced their new CPU's but they will only launch early november, so this could also be in a month so late november early december for all we know

Oh yeah, I guess that's right. Didn't think about that.

Wouldn't this still put it at higher wattage than a 6900xt that can keep pace with a 3090? I guess pricing and performance will always dictate what's "worth" it to a lot of people, but just seems they are struggling to come up with a solution to the new problem of AMD actually competing at the higher end.

Become a Patron!
Back