Massive Capcom Leak Reveals Upcoming Projects, Source Code for Older Titles

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
capcom-logo-black-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: Capcom

We previously reported that Crytek and Ubisoft had their data stolen and released online. Capcom is the latest, and it appears it may have had the most information compromised. A user on r/GamingLeaksAndRumours has shared that 60 GB out of 1 TB has been released. DSOG has reported on the projects that have been revealed, along with source code for a couple of past games. Here’s a list of items compiled from both sites.

Monster Rise and Stories 2: Action role-playing games in development for both the Nintendo Switch and...

Continue reading...

I honestly didn't know Capcom was still around.

That is a name I associate with the 8 and 16 bit console era.

What titles have they published that I would know?

I honestly didn't know Capcom was still around.

That is a name I associate with the 8 and 16 bit console era.

What titles have they published that I would know?
Just little-known series like Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Monster Hunter.

Just little-known series like Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Monster Hunter.

Street Fighter: Right, 8 bit and 16 bit era! Makes me think of SNES! Are you telling me the Street Fighter franchise didn't end in ~1991? :eek:
Resident Evil: I've heard this name, but I associate it with 90's consoles. Never played the series and know little about it.
Devil May Cry: I don't think I've ever heard these words in this order before.
Monster Hunter: Never heard of this one before either.

I want to say I know the Capcom name from an absolute **** ton of 80's Nintendo games I played as a kid though.

1942, Commando, Bionic Commando, Gargoyle's Quest, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Gun Smoke, Mega Man, Willow and a Bunch of Disney Licensed Titles. Brings back memories from the late 80s and early 90's for me, but I didn't even realize they were still around.

Last edited:
Street Fighter: Right, 8 bit and 16 bit era! Makes me think of SNES! Are you telling me the Street Fighter franchise didn't end in ~1991? :eek:
Resident Evil: I've heard this name, but I associate it with 90's consoles. Never played the series and know little about it.

I want to say I know the Capcom name from an absolute **** ton of 80's Nintendo games I played as a kid though.

1942, Commando, Bionic Commando, Gargoyle's Quest, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Gun Smoke, Mega Man, Willow and a Bunch of Disney Licensed Titles. Brings back memories from the late 80s and early 90's for me, but I didn't even realize they were still around.
You must live a very sheltered life. I know you're an old geezer, but come on. I say that with all the love in my heart 🥰

That's impressive, but I don't know why should I be impressed more, that you actually didn't know about these franchises, or that you think that you not knowing them is somehow a measure of them :unsure:

I'm not a fan of capcom but at least I berate them fully knowing what they put on the table :LOL:

That's impressive, but I don't know why should I be impressed more, that you actually didn't know about these franchises, or that you think that you not knowing them is somehow a measure of them :unsure:

I'm not a fan of capcom but at least I berate them fully knowing what they put on the table :LOL:

Truth be told, with the exception of playing every version of Sid Meier's Civilization as they come out, I haven't played a thing that isn't first person since the launch of Half Life in 1998. Not all shooters mind you, but all first person. I also haven't touched a Console since the 8bit NES. I was aware of things going on during the beginning of the 16bit era, but after that it's all a blur.

Now I understand that is a more limited range than most, but usually I am at least aware of the game du jour from the forums and news stories.

I usually hear about all the popular stuff froM reading the news and beng actice on the forums, but I am 100% serious when I say that I didn't realize there was a Street Fighter game after Street Fighter II for the SNES, and have never heard of Devil May Cry. Wikipedia also tells me that the Mega Man franchise continued after MegaMan II on the NES. WILD.

It's possible I heard of these and just forgot about them I guess. Since my mid 30's my brain has become very effective at discarding information it subconsciously finds irrelevant. There's just not enough space up there for everything, so something has to give.

Surprisingly I can still sing along to Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire though, which is puzzling. That should have been one of the first things to go.

Ain't getting older grand...

Truth be told, with the exception of playing every version of Sid Meier's Civilization as they come out, I haven't played a thing that isn't first person since the launch of Half Life in 1998. Not all shooters mind you, but all first person. I also haven't touched a Console since the 8bit NES. I was aware of things going on during the beginning of the 16bit era, but after that it's all a blur.

Now I understand that is a more limited range than most, but usually I am at least aware of the game du jour from the forums and news stories.

I usually hear about all the popular stuff froM reading the news and beng actice on the forums, but I am 100% serious when I say that I didn't realize there was a Street Fighter game after Street Fighter II for the SNES, and have never heard of Devil May Cry. Wikipedia also tells me that the Mega Man franchise continued after MegaMan II on the NES. WILD.

It's possible I heard of these and just forgot about them I guess. Since my mid 30's my brain has become very effective at discarding information it subconsciously finds irrelevant. There's just not enough space up there for everything, so something has to give.

Surprisingly I can still sing along to Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire though, which is puzzling. That should have been one of the first things to go.

Ain't getting older grand...
Here's something that will blow your mind:
Street Fighter V, the latest game in the series, released on PC first.

Mega Man was effectively dead for more than a decade. There was 12 years between the release of Mega Man 8 and 9, but there were other games not part of the mainline series that released during that time. I think we're up to something like a total of 57 games in the Mega Man universe. There was another 8 years between the release of Mega Man 10 and 11. Speaking of Mega Man 11, it was the first game to have a simultaneous release on PC. The older games can now be played natively on PC, as well, through official collection releases.

Mega Man was effectively dead for more than a decade.
I was pretty shocked there wasn't more said about the toy store in the RE3 Remaster. Seems like they were plugging away for a new release but never really heard anything after that.

... but I didn't even realize they were still around.

Just because you stopped paying attention doesn't mean Capcom ceased to be a productive gaming studio.

Become a Patron!
Back