Leaked Crytek Documents Confirm Crysis 2 Remastered and Cost of Denuvo DRM

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
crysis-2-key-art-nomad-cab-1024x576.jpg
Image: Crytek

Those rumors about Crytek remastering additional Crysis games appear to be true. A user on r/pcgaming has shared a leaked document that lists Crysis 2 Remastered, the PC version of which will evidently be released as an Epic Games Store exclusive similar to Crysis Remastered.

The statement of work is actually related to Denuvo and what Crytek has agreed to pay for the continually evolving anti-piracy technology. As detailed by “F*CKDRM” (whose username checks out), the DRM appears to cost a decent chunk of change. Here’s how it breaks down:

€140 000 for the first 12 months of “protection”, €126 000 before March 31, 2021;€2 000 for every month after the initial 12 months;€60 000 extra fee for...

Continue reading...

Why are they remastering this? The original game still looks gorgeous and plays extremely well. I thought it was the best looking game on the market when it came out.

Why are they remastering this? The original game still looks gorgeous and plays extremely well. I thought it was the best looking game on the market when it came out.

Likely just texture updates and engine tweaks. And multiplayer maybe? But I cannot remember if there was one for Crysis games...

Same thing with Mass Effect. EA is whipping up a remastered trilogy.... I have played ME2 on 1440p and it holds up fine.

Likely just texture updates and engine tweaks. And multiplayer maybe? But I cannot remember if there was one for Crysis games...

Same thing with Mass Effect. EA is whipping up a remastered trilogy.... I have played ME2 on 1440p and it holds up fine.
All the Crysis games had multiplayer.

It really doesn't hold up visually. The first three Mass Effect games are very dated visually. However, that doesn't hamper my enjoyment of them. I will say that their visual style has allowed them to hold up pretty well given their age, but they don't look anywhere near as good as modern games. A good remaster would be nice. Nice graphics are well.....nice to have.

As for Crysis 2, I'm not surprised. With that one, it's low hanging fruit. It wouldn't take much on Crytek's part to remaster it. If Crysis 1's state is anything to go by, they'll put in only the most minimal effort to do the remaster anyway.

It really doesn't hold up visually. The first three Mass Effect games are very dated visually. However, that doesn't hamper my enjoyment of them. I will say that their visual style has allowed them to hold up pretty well given their age, but they don't look anywhere near as good as modern games. A good remaster would be nice. Nice graphics are well.....nice to have.

As for Crysis 2, I'm not surprised. With that one, it's low hanging fruit. It wouldn't take much on Crytek's part to remaster it. If Crysis 1's state is anything to go by, they'll put in only the most minimal effort to do the remaster anyway.
I think they still hold up. Mass Effect 2 in particular still has a wow factor to it every time I startup that game on PC even with no mods. The first game does look flat with its stock textures that have little detail, though, and the old lighting technique doesn't do it any favors.

Become a Patron!
Back