Cyberpunk 2077 Street Date Broken by Best Buy

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-cover-art-1024x576.jpg

It could be a rough week for Cyberpunk 2077 fans who are actively attempting to avoid story spoilers. Various users on social media (via Video Games Chronicle) have begun sharing photos of their expensive Collector’s Editions, which were shipped early from Best Buy despite having a giant sticker (in yellow, ironically) that reads “DO NOT SELL BEFORE DECEMBER 10, 2020” on the box.

We have no idea how this sort of thing happens, but an epic thread on r/cyberpunkgame suggests that quite a few people managed to score a copy early. That would include popular Twitch streamer...

Continue reading...

I saw someone post their collectors edition picture...and a screen shot of the GOG store saying they can't install it yet. Not worried.

PC version is a digital code, so you can't download the game until the servers release it.
Maaaaan that is some straight bullshit. Gotta love this age of mostly digital releases. Buy a physical copy, still get a ****ing download code. I expected GOG to at least have a full copy of the data to install and play in the physical package. I mean if you buy a game from GOG normally, you get to download and keep all the files needed to play the game. I could throw them on a DVD or flash drive or whatever the ****. But if you buy a game, it doesn't come with any physical media at all? They couldn't be bothered to throw the game data on even a flash drive or something? DRM-free, but not online-free. It's not really a physical release if you still need Internet access to install and play the game to begin with. Disappointed in you, GOG.

Maaaaan that is some straight bullshit. Gotta love this age of mostly digital releases. Buy a physical copy, still get a ****ing download code. I expected GOG to at least have a full copy of the data to install and play in the physical package. I mean if you buy a game from GOG normally, you get to download and keep all the files needed to play the game. I could throw them on a DVD or flash drive or whatever the ****. But if you buy a game, it doesn't come with any physical media at all? They couldn't be bothered to throw the game data on even a flash drive or something? DRM-free, but not online-free. It's not really a physical release if you still need Internet access to install and play the game to begin with. Disappointed in you, GOG.
At the price this was a USB stick would be nice. They could have packed all the digital goodies on it, too, instead of also having to download those separately.

I'm still trying to get GameStop to change my shipping address... I checked out with a 'guest' account, which is apparently a really bad thing.
I've since moved, you know, since the game has been delayed so many times.
GameStop has yet to answer any requests on their website!

I'm still trying to get GameStop to change my shipping address... I checked out with a 'guest' account, which is apparently a really bad thing.
I've since moved, you know, since the game has been delayed so many times.
GameStop has yet to answer any requests on their website!
Try calling the number instead. Give them your order number and say you need to update the shipping address.

(800) 883-8895

At the price this was a USB stick would be nice. They could have packed all the digital goodies on it, too, instead of also having to download those separately.

Silly rabbit, USB drives cost money. Download codes cost nil. Although I would also welcome that, would be a cool keepsake you could repurpose for something else. I honestly thought the game industry would do USB/SD after optical ran it's course, but they skipped and went straight to digital download.

Silly rabbit, USB drives cost money. Download codes cost nil. Although I would also welcome that, would be a cool keepsake you could repurpose for something else. I honestly thought the game industry would do USB/SD after optical ran it's course, but they skipped and went straight to digital download.
True, but a 64GB USB stick in bulk would only cost like $1. They are cheaper than dual-layer Blu-ray discs are in bulk, believe it or not.

True, but a 64GB USB stick in bulk would only cost like $1. They are cheaper than dual-layer Blu-ray discs are in bulk, believe it or not.
Especially if they're of the 'write maybe twice' USB stick variety, i.e. the very worst quality level of flash memory. Even that still works for reading so long as the drive doesn't get cooked with writes (which I've done...).

Become a Patron!
Back