Cyberpunk 2077 Will Be Unlocked for PC Players in the US on December 9

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-lizzies-bar-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED has published a map detailing the unlock and preload times for Cyberpunk 2077 across various regions of the world. It appears that the highly anticipated RPG will be unlocked and playable on PC (and Stadia) a few hours ahead of its official December 10 release date for the Americas, with US east coast residents being able to play as early as 7 PM EST.

Those of you who already purchased Cyberpunk 2077 on PC and Stadia (or plan to do so shortly) can preload the game beginning on December 7. The GOG version can be preloaded at 12 p.m. CET, while the Steam and Epic Games Store versions can be preloaded at 5 p.m. CET.

As for the console editions, those...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm east coast, so HUZZAAAAH! A friend told me about this earlier. He's pretty **** happy cuz it means he'll actually get to play after work, and won't screw over his sleep schedule for the next day (unless he doesn't stop playing).

Got it installed. The splash screen when I tried to launch it was funny.

Got the game installed on Steam, just waiting for unlock around 7pm EST tomorrow.

This has been my experience with the game since 7:10pm EST. One time it took out my whole system and I had to hard-reset. Another time it took out my primary monitor, and both the OS and the GPU could no longer see that monitor. PC restart fixed that though. I did get to watch the intro movie once, I saw the title screen a couple times, and I even got to check out the settings menu once. All graphics settings defaulted to max, which was interesting. I am on nVidia GPU driver 460.79.
CP2077_Crash_Reporter.png

CP2077_Crash_Reporter_Pic2.png

This has been my experience with the game since 7:10pm EST. One time it took out my whole system and I had to hard-reset. Another time it took out my primary monitor, and both the OS and the GPU could no longer see that monitor. PC restart fixed that though. I did get to watch the intro movie once, I saw the title screen a couple times, and I even got to check out the settings menu once. All graphics settings defaulted to max, which was interesting. I am on nVidia GPU driver 460.79.
View attachment 673

View attachment 674
No performance or lockup issues here. Also using the newest Geforce driver. Have played about 3.5 hours so far.

Yea I got to play a bit. I appreciated how they handled stuff they could have built into the game... don't want to give spoilers. And running just fine on a minimum level of RT on my system at 1440p.

RTX 2080 non super, 32 gig of ram, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, and running off of an NVME 3.0x4 Samsung drive.

It actually played quite well with the Rig in my Sig.
I have decided to stick to 1440p with settings maxxed and Quality DLSS. 4K is barely 30FPS for me with everything cranked and DLSS Quality set on.

I got a few hours in last night. Sadly, and I was expecting this, my 1080Ti REALLY struggled at 1440P. I used High preset with some things turned down a notch just to get 50-60 FPS. It's 100% playable at that framerate though.

Cyberpunk has become the biggest launch for a single player game on Steam, breaking over 1 million concurrent users last night. It breaks the 4th highest concurrent player count on Steam after PUBG, CS:GO, and DOTA 2. GOG and Epic have not publicized their player numbers, yet, but according to preliminary sales data the majority of PC players purchased or registered the game on GOG.

Cyberpunk has become the biggest launch for a single player game on Steam, breaking over 1 million concurrent users last night. It breaks the 4th highest concurrent player count on Steam after PUBG, CS:GO, and DOTA 2. GOG and Epic have not publicized their player numbers, yet, but according to preliminary sales data the majority of PC players purchased or registered the game on GOG.
You could tell it was a massive success for them based on the DL speeds on Steam, it was really struggling.

Become a Patron!
Back