The Witcher: Enhanced Edition DC Is Currently Free for All GOG Galaxy Users

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-witcher-enhanced-edition-directors-cut-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

If you haven’t tried GOG’s game launcher yet, now might be the time to give it a spin, as the DRM-free storefront is gifting free copies of CD PROJEKT RED’s The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut to any and all GOG Galaxy users.

“Starting today, all GOG GALAXY users can claim a FREE GOG copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut, if they decide to stay in touch with us,” the announcement reads.

“How? Download or update your GOG GALAXY application. Go to the ‘Recent’ view and check the banner at the top. Click the giveaway button if you agree to receive news, updates, and GOG offers. After a while, the game will show up in your games library inside the application and in your GOG.COM collection.”

As...

Continue reading...

I loaded my GOG Galaxy and it didn't show up at the top like they claim?

Ok, just an observation:
How come when GOG gives away free games it's totally awesome. But when Epic does it, it's totally evil?

-- fwiw I think this is a good thing, and I'm happy to take all the free games Epic is willing to throw my way as well.

Ok, just an observation:
How come when GOG gives away free games it's totally awesome. But when Epic does it, it's totally evil?

-- fwiw I think this is a good thing, and I'm happy to take all the free games Epic is willing to throw my way as well.
Yeah, I got over it. GOG is by far the best of the bunch but dig deep enough and someone could find dirt on just about anything.

What I like about GOG is that they are giving away DRM-free games.

EDIT: Another thing I appreciated is when I bought Witcher 2 on Steam, and they automatically gave me a free back-up copy on GOG. Was hoping they would do that with Witcher 3, but they didn't (or I missed it).

EDIT: Another thing I appreciated is when I bought Witcher 2 on Steam, and they automatically gave me a free back-up copy on GOG. Was hoping they would do that with Witcher 3, but they didn't (or I missed it).
I don't think they did but could be wrong. I ended up buying it on GOG for something like 5 or 10 at the beginning of 2020 so I didn't mind it. Glad they did this though. It was the only one I didn't have on GOG until now.

I don't think they did but could be wrong. I ended up buying it on GOG for something like 5 or 10 at the beginning of 2020 so I didn't mind it. Glad they did this though. It was the only one I didn't have on GOG until now.
GOG did offer a free copy of The Witcher 3 through Galaxy if any of your linked accounts had it. It was a few months ago and how I got it there since I already had it on Steam. You could even get it if you only had it on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.

GOG did offer a free copy of The Witcher 3 through Galaxy if any of your linked accounts had it. It was a few months ago and how I got it there since I already had it on Steam.
I actually did grab that. I also already have Witcher 1 on Steam but not on GOG, so I'll be grabbing this new free copy as well.

Every now and then they put The Witcher for free on GoG, wish they gave away witcher 2.

Become a Patron!
Back