Warner Bros. Signals Return to Traditional Theatrical Release Model in 2023 with Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel, Furiosa

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
mad-max-fury-road-still-furiosa-seated-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Warner Bros.’ 2021 film releases will be available to stream on HBO Max the very same day they debut in theaters next year, but that innovative, hybrid distribution model is certainly beginning to look like a temporary one. The studio announced yesterday that Furiosa, the prequel to Mad Max: Fury Road, as well as Coyote vs. Acme and The Color Purple, are scheduled to hit theaters in 2023 on June 23, July 21, and December 20, respectively.

While the announcement does not rule out simultaneous releases on HBO Max, the implication here is that Warner Bros. believes that the theater industry will be up and running normally by then, which would negate the need for day-and-date releases via streaming channels. The renewed focus on...

Continue reading...

So another 2 years of Covid based bullshit. At least someone is projecting something realistic and planning accordingly.

Not interested in a Mad Max film without Max. As much as I enjoyed Fury Road, I was still dismayed by the overall lack of screen time given to the legendary namesake character.

Not interested in a Mad Max film without Max. As much as I enjoyed Fury Road, I was still dismayed by the overall lack of screen time given to the legendary namesake character.
Agreed and I actually like Tom Hardy in the role and wanted more development there. Furiosa took too much of the story, but was kind of cool, but not really looking forward to this. The game was o.k. but I never finished it.

Agreed and I actually like Tom Hardy in the role and wanted more development there. Furiosa took too much of the story, but was kind of cool, but not really looking forward to this. The game was o.k. but I never finished it.
The game is excellent, though is quite repetitive. I really didn't start to get sick of it until the last region of the game. I was really engrossed by the lore fragments found throughout the world and how the lifeless landscape was shaped. Kind of makes me sad that these were the same developers who made Rage 2...

Become a Patron!
Back