NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Reportedly Postponed “Indefinitely”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA has reportedly postponed the launch of the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti indefinitely. The news comes from Steve Burke of Gamers Nexus, who was told by board partners that green team had decided to delay the graphics card due to a lack of supplies for existing SKUs, which are already very tough to find.

“[…] the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti postponement is likely due to the community response to the cards in general,” Burke hypothesized. “You can just look at the chat window from the […] event to see why NVIDIA might think it was in poor taste to announce yet another GPU.”

“From what the board partners were telling us, NVIDIA decided to put this on hold until it can get more supply in place for the existing SKUs that it already sells. NVIDIA was also...

Continue reading...

Seen this over at Gamers Nexus. Not totally surprised.

Suit yourselves. I'm content with my 2080ti.
I've got both as well. Wasn't happy about the price for either but my Strix 3090 simply blows my Strix 2080 Ti out the water when it comes to 4K gaming. There's some titles that I can even turn DLSS off and use ray tracing if I turn a few things down and play at 5120x1440 avg 60-100 FPS.

edit: no sure what happened when I was posting this but it took the "-" out of where I was mentioning the FPS. I put it back in.

I haven't seen 3xxx series cards even close to MSRP here. As I've mentioned in the other topic. Even retailers ask scalper prices here. So it will probably be many months before I buy anything. But I'm not in a hurry. The work I do is manageable with the 2080ti, I doubt a 3090 would be a life changer.

As for games there is nothing on the horizon anyway that would need an upgrade. I can play CP2077 just fine.

There is a world of difference between an RTX 3090 and a 2080 Ti. I've got them both and the upgrade is significant.
Never said it wasn't. I don't need it. And close to $3000 I Don't even want it. The difference is not that big. I got my 2080ti for $1000, a 3080 isn't 3x faster. It doesn't even have 3x the memory.

Become a Patron!
Back