Deadpool 3 Will Be R-Rated, Confirms Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
deadpool-fireplace-1024x576.jpg
Image: 20th Century Fox

Marvel’s superhero films have always been PG-13, but that’s a tradition that’s about to change thanks to Disney’s acquisition of one of the comic world’s most violent, foul-mouthed characters. In a recent interview with Collider, Marvel Studios president and chief creative officer Kevin Feige confirmed that Deadpool 3 will be rated R. He also revealed that the character would officially be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which means that we could be getting some interesting team-ups popularized by comic series such as Spider-Man/Deadpool.

“It will be rated R and we are working on a script right now, and Ryan’s overseeing a script right now… It will not be [filming] this year,” Feige said. “Ryan is a very busy, very successful actor. We’ve got a...

Continue reading...

Wait a minute. Was this ever in question?

The Whole "Marvel's Superhero Films have always been PG-13" thing is a blatant lie.

The first two Deadpool films (2016 and 2018) were both rated R.

This may have been a new thing, or controversial in 2016, by not today, 5 years later.

If anything making a Deadpool that WASN'T rated R would be a departure and much bigger news.

Well, let's hope they stick the landing again with the 3rd one.

Well, let's hope they stick the landing again with the 3rd one.

Yeah, the first two were enjoyable.

I never read comics as a kid, so I had no fandom the movies needed to live up to, so I can't speak to that side of it, but I did thoroughly enjoy the films, and usually superhero **** bores me to tears, because it is too unrealistic.

Was this ever in question?
Yeah, after Disney bought Fox in 2019. People were pretty concerned Deadpool 3 was gonna get f*cked over. Looks like Kevin Feige won't let that happen though. Now everyone can breathe a sigh of relief - assuming Disney doesn't f*ck anything else up with the movie.

The first two Deadpool films (2016 and 2018) were both rated R.
Yeah but that was when Fox was standalone, before Disney got their mitts on it.

Yeah, after Disney bought Fox in 2019. People were pretty concerned Deadpool 3 was gonna get f*cked over. Looks like Kevin Feige won't let that happen though. Now everyone can breathe a sigh of relief - assuming Disney doesn't f*ck anything else up with the movie.

Yeah but that was when Fox was standalone, before Disney got their mitts on it.

I had forgotten Disney had Acquired Fox, though to be fair I don't really keep up with media companies.

We'll see if this actually gets into production by 2022. With the slate of junk they've piled up it would have to be fast-tracked for that to happen but anything is possible. As COVID rages on, even with vaccines, the lists just keep getting longer and longer for all the projects in development.

Become a Patron!
Back