AMD Says It’ll Have More Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs for Sale at MSRP on Its Website in Q1 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-front-angle-render-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD’s online GPU shop has been haunted by OOS notices for what seems like an eternity, but the company should have more Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards available in the coming months through its website. That, at least, is what the company has told The Verge, noting that the GPUs would be sold at suggested e-tail prices (i.e., not the insane prices that many of the cards have been going for on auction sites and other unofficial channels).

“AMD tells The Verge it expects to sell more of its own reference design RX 6800, 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT cards on its own website in the first quarter of 2021 at their sticker prices, which should mean $579, $649 and $999 instead of...

Continue reading...

I can't wait for all 5 cards to show up on March 31.

Yar, it was a miserable experience trying to get a RX 6800 XT at launch through their site. I guess, to be fair, it's been a miserable experience to get any GPU on any site these past few months.

That does not indicate how much more AMD is expecting to have available. Is the supply going to 2x more, 3x or 1.00001x more? Their commitment to the consoles is costing them dearly with CPU availability as well as GPUs. If AMD had those millions of console APUs making GPUs for graphics cards they would have owned the PC GPU market for this generation is my thinking. Also with their CPUs, if they cannot meet demand they are loosing out inroads into the PC market including mobile. AMD taking a cut rate profit margins on consoles and giving up a lucrative PC market for the taking is turning out bad I think.

That does not indicate how much more AMD is expecting to have available. Is the supply going to 2x more, 3x or 1.00001x more? Their commitment to the consoles is costing them dearly with CPU availability as well as GPUs. If AMD had those millions of console APUs making GPUs for graphics cards they would have owned the PC GPU market for this generation is my thinking. Also with their CPUs, if they cannot meet demand they are loosing out inroads into the PC market including mobile. AMD taking a cut rate profit margins on consoles and giving up a lucrative PC market for the taking is turning out bad I think.

I think you have it all backwards. Console parts are a money maker for AMD right now. As are PC parts for OEM's. The mid to high end has never been a market driver. Nor has GPU's in general.

AMD is making money where the demand is the highest. It's just not in retail supply.

So.....
Sometime in the next 75 days I'll get the chance to log in and find out they are out of stock again?

Last edited:
Watch some streams that monitor parts availability. Just over two weeks of doing that and I was able to get mine.

You don't have to. Newegg only drops on evenings for bulk drops in a 1 hour window generally at 4 30 pacific or 5 pacific. Watch tje trackers then and jump on the links thst get posted to get an order in. No need to sit all day unless your bored. And I used a twitch stream for flacondrin. (Sp).

Live stock trackers on YouTube.

I'm not going to sit there and watch scrolling text for weeks on end.
For the last three gens of NVIDIA releases now I've tried various tracker sites and still ended up with blind luck on either NewEgg or Amazon as opposed to anything they offered.

I think you have it all backwards. Console parts are a money maker for AMD right now. As are PC parts for OEM's. The mid to high end has never been a market driver. Nor has GPU's in general.

AMD is making money where the demand is the highest. It's just not in retail supply.
I don't see how you can conclude that, Nvidia still makes most of their profits on PC GPUs for gamers and they are overall have a larger market cap over AMD. We will see shortly how this maneuver worked out for 4th Qtr on next AMD Financial Call 26 Jan.

I don't see how you can conclude that, Nvidia still makes most of their profits on PC GPUs for gamers and they are overall have a larger market cap over AMD. We will see shortly how this maneuver worked out for 4th Qtr on next AMD Financial Call 26 Jan.

Nvidia is not making anything for current gen consoles. Nvidia does not make CPU's, or APU's, or chipsets.

Can't compare apples and oranges.

They can cut more CPU/APU modules from a wafer than large die GPU modules. A lot more. And fab output production is per wafer - so they get more product per wafer going that route, which equates to more sales/profit.

Become a Patron!
Back