Samsung Adds AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Ultrawide Display Modes, and Other Gaming Features to 2021 Neo QLED and QLED TVs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
samsung-neo-qled-gaming-features-1024x575.jpg
Image: Samsung

If you’re a Samsung fan who’s considering ditching your gaming monitor for a big-screen display, here is a little more motivation for you, as the company has announced that it is implementing a variety of new gaming features for its 2021 Neo QLED and QLED televisions.

These include ultrawide display modes that allow users to enjoy games in the 21:9 and 32:9 aspect ratios for a more expansive view (Q70A and above), a Game Bar for easy display adjustments and monitoring of input lag, as well as a Game Object Tracking Sound feature that uses “AI technology to project audio around the room corresponding with...

Continue reading...

If Samsung really wants to get into the PC gaming market they should also add a Display Port jack.

If Samsung really wants to get into the PC gaming market they should also add a Display Port jack.
Not much point?

DP cannot support full-color 4k120 at this time; the DP spec that will has yet to hit the market in a shipping product.

That's not to disagree with your sentiment as I'd absolutely prefer to use DP over HDMI everywhere I can, it's just that the technology isn't there yet.

Glad to see they've been paying attention to the successes their ultra-monitors have had. It's a shame they didn't include G-Sync support though. AMD still has a ways to go before their GPUs are truly able to perform at a level to support what these displays can go. At least it's a start. As someone who owns both Samsung and LG displays, I know what it's like to be torn between the two and each have their advantages for gaming.

edit: " Game Object Tracking Sound feature that ", seems like ever since Sony announced their new 3D sound that everyone and their cousin is announcing a new sound solution for gaming. So much for Dolby or DTS in gaming, eh?

It's a shame they didn't include G-Sync support though.
They more or less do, by default, and we can likely expect Samsung to get some level of G-Sync certification from Nvidia before these hit the market.

At least I'd hope that they will. AMDs Freesync 'certifications' amount to little more than a pinky swear, while Nvidia actually does in-house testing and provides profiles for displays that meet their requirements.

They more or less do, by default, and we can likely expect Samsung to get some level of G-Sync certification from Nvidia before these hit the market.

At least I'd hope that they will. AMDs Freesync 'certifications' amount to little more than a pinky swear, while Nvidia actually does in-house testing and provides profiles for displays that meet their requirements.
Probably will happen but I'd wait and see. Samsung's Freesync/G-Sync compatibility isn't always the best. The CRG9 I have never got certified and flickers like a rave concert if I leave it on with G-Sync. The model that came out after got certified but it took a firmware fix to get it to work properly months later. I like Samsung but it seems they don't have a tight grasp with G-Sync.

We are up to Freesync Premium Pro now? How is that different?

Become a Patron!
Back