Open-World Star Wars Game in Development by Ubisoft’s Massive Entertainment (The Division)

That's because it is hollow. The class stories are interesting but that's about it. There's no real exploration and I rarely ever got a feeling that I was even on another planet with how small all the areas were. In theory, being able to go from planet to planet is interesting but everything was made so straight line themepark and limited that any feel of expansiveness was killed.

Which is why something more WoW'esque in the Star Wars world would be better. Planets with nice big sectioned maps, keep the space battles to instances. I think Blizzard could make a better SW MMO.

I think Blizzard could make a better SW MMO.
I would agree with you ... 15 years ago. Today I think it would end up being the same old white washed crap that all recent attempts at MMOs have turned into.

Hate to say it but I think MMOs are a dead genre.

Somebody needs to give me some examples of awesome open world games. A lot of aspects of 'open' world felt like glorified grinding in the stuff I have played.
I have zero or next to no tolerance for the grinding feeling.

Somebody needs to give me some examples of awesome open world games. A lot of aspects of 'open' world felt like glorified grinding in the stuff I have played.
I have zero or next to no tolerance for the grinding feeling.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Fallout: New Vegas
Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Zero Dawn
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Assasins Creed: Hoth, anyone?

Wait you mean that isn't the beginning of Valhalla? ;) The team that did AC could do it well I think. Imagine their team turned loose to world craft for Star Wars. I'd be really interested to see what they did with it.

Become a Patron!
Back