Real gameplay reviews

Eduardo_Domingot

{NG}Fidel
Staff member
Forgive me if that's what you're doing I just couldn't find it mentioned on the newest gpu review. Basically the way Kyle and Brent originally did. If I'm wrong I'm sorry

Forgive me if that's what you're doing I just couldn't find it mentioned on the newest gpu review. Basically the way Kyle and Brent originally did. If I'm wrong I'm sorry

We have changed things a bit and use real world game play where we believe it's appropriate in GPU reviews. You will see a mix of the canned benchmark utilities and the real world in them - for each game we state the test method for it.

The other place the real world gameplay will get addressed is when we do game reviews (iq/performance), similar to what was done in a past life. Those will be the go to reference for real world performance in a given game, but that content won't always be repeated for each card/hardware review.

The change in methodology will cut the number of hours required to complete a review (meaning more bandwidth for content) and increase consistency of our results, allowing readers to compare their numbers to ours (when the game benchmark is used) as well as to give us a bit more consistency in the data sets between reviewers (a real world game play run through that I do is not going to be comparable to what @Brent_Justice will do even if it's the same level and same script that we are following).

Having more comparable data will serve as a good input for some of the future content we will be doing, such as the ability to compare GPU performance in an interactive way.

Hopefully this change will be for the best, and if it doesn't work, we will certainly make changes as needed.

We have changed things a bit and use real world game play where we believe it's appropriate in GPU reviews. You will see a mix of the canned benchmark utilities and the real world in them - for each game we state the test method for it.

The other place the real world gameplay will get addressed is when we do game reviews (iq/performance), similar to what was done in a past life. Those will be the go to reference for real world performance in a given game, but that content won't always be repeated for each card/hardware review.

The change in methodology will cut the number of hours required to complete a review (meaning more bandwidth for content) and increase consistency of our results, allowing readers to compare their numbers to ours (when the game benchmark is used) as well as to give us a bit more consistency in the data sets between reviewers (a real world game play run through that I do is not going to be comparable to what @Brent_Justice will do even if it's the same level and same script that we are following).

Having more comparable data will serve as a good input for some of the future content we will be doing, such as the ability to compare GPU performance in an interactive way.

Hopefully this change will be for the best, and if it doesn't work, we will certainly make changes as needed.
Gotcha I do like that and am willing to check out this format. Long as some games are being tested I feel im getting an accurate reading from the hardware.

Become a Patron!
Back