ASUS ROG Releasing Its First PC Case Fans in April

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-strix-xf-120-fan-preview-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS has announced that it will be releasing its first PC case fans in the month of April. Originally unveiled during the company’s Meta Buffs launch event in September, ASUS’ ROG Strix XF 120 is a 120-mm, 4-pin PWM cooling solution that features a speed range of 250 RPM to 1800 RPM and 62.5 CFM air flow / 3.07 mm H2O static pressure rating. Noise level is 22.5 dB(A).

“[…] it’s been built from the ground up to deliver high performance without a lot of noise,” an ASUS spokesperson said. “We added fiberglass to create a more rigid composite that improves performance. Then we shaped the angle and the curvature of the frame struts to minimize turbulence and maximize airflow. Then we selected a low rpm range of 250 to 1800 RPM. The lower range gives us more flexibility to create quiet fan curves.”

ASUS...

Continue reading...

Considering the performance I've seen on my 1080 Ti, 2080 Ti, and 3090, I'd say they've got a pretty good handle on cooling fans. Granted, anyone can screw up when branching out but so far they've proven well with their cooling solutions on high-powered GPUs.

Oh yeah, they got it down, with the exception of the 5700xt..... Great fans, wrong screws. Statistics favor Asus tho.

All kidding aside, never hurts to have options on the market for good cooling

Hopefully they will be price competitively, though I probably wouldn't buy any myself.
It's a pretty saturated market segment so I'd think they'd have to but anything is possible. It's also possible that they're already getting mass quantity discounts from using them on their GPUs that this expansion will only sweeten the pot. If, in turn, that might help offset some of the rising costs for said GPUs.

It's a pretty saturated market segment so I'd think they'd have to but anything is possible. It's also possible that they're already getting mass quantity discounts from using them on their GPUs that this expansion will only sweeten the pot. If, in turn, that might help offset some of the rising costs for said GPUs.
I don't think it will result in anything lowering price.

Asus has positioned ROG to be the premium "Gaming" brand. That means products with that badge are expected to command a premium price. Asus ROG GPUs already command premium pricing, and people are willing to pay it, so there's no reason to subsidize it with revenue from another product. At least for the US, the only real hope for lowering prices are a) Ethereum market crashes (GPU prices will come down fast as availability starts to level out and used market starts to get flooded), or b) Govt does something about the tariff (on good chance the AIBs will not lower price since people got used to paying it and just pocket it as higher margin)

Pretty sure these will just be rebadged fans produced by ???? -- they will be decent fans, probably feature extensive RGB and ROG branding stickers all over, and cost 1.5x what the same fan from the OEM costs (less the badging).

It's the same thing with ROG PSUs - they are just rebadged Seasonics.

The crowd that has OCD over everything matching will pay. People who just know ROG branding will pay. And they will occasionally get bundled with things, so some people will pay that way. But most everyone else will just go ahead and get the cheaper, equivalent fan

I don't think it will result in anything lowering price.

Asus has positioned ROG to be the premium "Gaming" brand. That means products with that badge are expected to command a premium price. Asus ROG GPUs already command premium pricing, and people are willing to pay it, so there's no reason to subsidize it with revenue from another product. At least for the US, the only real hope for lowering prices are a) Ethereum market crashes (GPU prices will come down fast as availability starts to level out and used market starts to get flooded), or b) Govt does something about the tariff (on good chance the AIBs will not lower price since people got used to paying it and just pocket it as higher margin)

Pretty sure these will just be rebadged fans produced by ???? -- they will be decent fans, probably feature extensive RGB and ROG branding stickers all over, and cost 1.5x what the same fan from the OEM costs (less the badging).

It's the same thing with ROG PSUs - they are just rebadged Seasonics.

The crowd that has OCD over everything matching will pay. People who just know ROG branding will pay. And they will occasionally get bundled with things, so some people will pay that way. But most everyone else will just go ahead and get the cheaper, equivalent fan
Too true but a difference with the PSU market is that there have been shortages in various segments which meant those desperate enough would grab the overpriced offerings. However, with these fans I'm not aware of any shortages so the people looking to match-up everything will be their primary demographic if the price is too high.

Become a Patron!
Back