Netflix Debuts Love, Death & Robots Season 2

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
love-death-and-robots-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Netflix

Netflix has debuted Love, Death & Robots Season 2. Blending science fiction, horror, drama, and comedy, the new season comprises eight new tales. Netflix opted for a shorter second season to hasten its release; it’s been roughly 26 months since the first one. The first volume received six Emmy nominations and won in five categories. A third volume is in the works for 2022.

The NSFW animated anthology returns with a vengeance. Naked giants, Christmas demons, and robots-gone-wild… Consume irresponsibly.From wild adventures on far-flung planets to unsettling encounters close to home: The Emmy-winning anthology returns with a crop of provocative tales.

Sources: Netflix, Screen Rant...

Continue reading...

Yeah, finished it this weekend as well (short season). Also agree that it's not as good as the first season. Starting to feel less experimental and more standard fare. Some of the first season episodes were haunting and memorable - I'd be surprised if I remember much at all from season 2.

It's also starting to feel like CGI intro openings for video games. Designed to get you interested in the storyline and to continue it by playing the game. In this case, there's no continuation or game to play.

I'm hoping for season 3 they revisit some of the old short stories and continue those plot threads, or start establishing some connections between these shorts (ala Outer Limits).

I saw a billboard ad for this when I was in NYC the other day for a funeral.

I had never heard of the show before.

Worth watching?

Worth watching?

For sure give the first season a viewing. The episodes are very short too, 8-ish minutes and self contained, so you'd know pretty quick if it's for you or not.

Worth watching?
I'd say so. It's not for everyone but, to me, it's like a mix of the old '70s-'80s Heavy Metal magazine and MTV's Liquid Television. I agree that S2 doesn't feel as solid as the 1st but I still thought it was good and worth watching. There were some stories I couldn't wait to end while others I would like to be full-blown movies/shows.

I didn't recall this at all, but apparently I had watched S1 at some point. Re-watching it, some of it was vaguely familiar. It was decent, but apparently nothing there was very memorable (or I was very drunk).

The episodes are very short too, 8-ish minutes and self contained, so you'd know pretty quick if it's for you or not.

That is pretty unusual.

Makes me wonder if it is was originally developed for that strange short-lived Quibi service.

I'll give it a watch when I get a chance. I have a feeling I'll find the extremely short form limiting (I still refuse to use twitter, as I will not be character limited, and I generally find the normal 45min- an hour episode length too short) but you never know unless you check it out for yourself.

There are some good, and some humorous, episodes in the first season. It's worth a watch.

I just binge the entire season at once.

The animation styles put me in the mind of things like the Animatrix and stuff like that. Which was originally doled out in a piece meal fashion. Watching it on the whole made it better.

Something to throw on and relax a bit with.

I didn't recall this at all, but apparently I had watched S1 at some point. Re-watching it, some of it was vaguely familiar. It was decent, but apparently nothing there was very memorable (or I was very drunk).
There's a Futurama episode with a caption on the title card along those lines. :)

I liked the first season. We loved the robots who go on a field trip
I liked that one too. Fish Night was kind of fun. Sonnie's Edge I was kind of partial too. Shape shifters, and The Secret War were enjoyed as well. The rest were not bad.

The Witness was trippy. I liked the animation. The Dump I found humorous.

Good Hunting was cliche, but worth a watch. Zima Blue was very Animatrix like. All in all, worth a binge

Become a Patron!
Back