EA Suffers Data Breach, Source Code for FIFA 21 and Battlefield’s Frostbite Engine Being Advertised for Sale Online

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ea-logo-red-1024x576.jpg
Image: EA

Electronic Arts has confirmed that it is the latest gaming giant to get blindsided by hackers. In a statement delivered to Vice/Motherboard, the Battlefield and Mass Effect publisher said that it is currently “investigating a recent incident of intrusion” into its network, which resulted in the theft of various game source code and internal tools. These include the source code and matchmaking server code for FIFA 21, as well as source code and tools for the Frostbite engine. Frostbite powers a majority of EA’s biggest franchises, such as Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars Battlefront. EA pointed out that no player data was accessed as part of the hack.

Image: EA

Other...

Continue reading...

You know I'd almost suspect ea of intentionally doing this so they can start suing people with similar code in their games or filing suite to.get access to the source code to learn from it.

You know I'd almost suspect ea of intentionally doing this so they can start suing people with similar code in their games or filing suite to.get access to the source code to learn from it.
If it were any other company (apart from some Russian / Chinese based firms) - I'd say your crazy. But... but... EA.

I can't wait to see what comes from the multiplayer matching code. I expect there to be some dirty chicanery there to drive people to the cash shops.

Hell even the DICE guys hate using Frostbite... who would WANT to steal it?

It can produce some gorgeous output but from I've read it is an absolute PITA to use

They have been hated so much lately, it doesn't surprise me that someone targeted them.

Become a Patron!
Back