S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl Will Require 150 GB of Disk Space on PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
stalker-2-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: GSC Game World

Over the weekend, developer GSC Game World confirmed that its heavily anticipated S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sequel, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl, would be released on April 28, 2022. According to new system requirements published on the official site, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl will require 150 GB of disk space, making it the latest contender for the scoreboard of huge PC games on the market. GSC Game World is also recommending an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / Intel Core i7-9700K processor, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB graphics card, and 16 GB of memory for a more ideal post-apocalyptic experience.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a critically-acclaimed franchise...

Continue reading...

Lets just hope that they make good use out of all that storage space, and it results in a spectacular sequel!

It seems like not that long ago I bought my first SSD, a 120GB OCZ Agility, back in 2009. I partitioned it in to partitions, ~80GB for Windows & Games and ~40GB for Linux, and that windows partition was plenty for both the OS and to have a couple of games installed :p

“COD required 150 Gb”

Wtf
Should come on an SSD
Bloatware
Lazy devs

“STALKER requires 150 Gb”

Can’t wait
Should come on an SSD
Great game
Ready for it

——

Not sure why - just an observation. I haven’t played either really. I do cringe at how long it may take to download (I still have PTSD from my pre-Starlink days)

“COD required 150 Gb”

Wtf
Should come on an SSD
Bloatware
Lazy devs

“STALKER requires 150 Gb”

Can’t wait
Should come on an SSD
Great game
Ready for it

——

Not sure why - just an observation. I haven’t played either really. I do cringe at how long it may take to download (I still have PTSD from my pre-Starlink days)
I think the big issue with COD is that its a 150 GB base install, with a few 15+ GB patches every few months.
They are both large games, no point denying that, but luckily it's single player so no need to put it on my NVME drives.

Storage is cheap these days tho, you can grab a Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB NVMe for like $140..

In a few years a game will require a whole new pc. You will have your crysis pc and your cod pc and your stalker pc so on. Kind of like thise handhelds from the before time.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back