Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Movie Gets Writer

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
star-wars-rogue-squadron-logo-1024x577.jpg
Image: Lucasfilm

It has been announced that Matthew Robinson (Monster Trucks, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, and Love and Monsters) will be writing the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron movie. Announced in 2020, it will utilize material from various X-Wing novels released between 1996 to 2012. Patty Jenkins will be directing it. She took to Twitter last year to explain how her father inspired her to take on the project. He was an F-4 fighter pilot who lost his life while in service.

pic.twitter.com/e3N00xCr5i— Patty Jenkins (@PattyJenks) December 10, 2020...

Continue reading...

I never heard about this movie, but I loved the original rogue squadron games, so I looked up this guy.
Of course it's another sjw. FFS Can't we get anything nice?

Reserving judgement.

My favorite part about SW was always the ships and space battles and the various fighters. Looking forward to seeing a movie more focused on that part - since Rogue One wasn't quite it.

Reserving judgement.

My favorite part about SW was always the ships and space battles and the various fighters. Looking forward to seeing a movie more focused on that part - since Rogue One wasn't quite it.
I liked Rogue One but I agree. Of newer stuff, I think the opening scene for Ep.3 was one of my favorites.

I liked Rogue One but I agree. Of newer stuff, I think the opening scene for Ep.3 was one of my favorites.
For as much as people complain about ep 1-3, that space battle in 3 and basically all of the light saber fights were fantastic.

as for the rogue squadron movie, if they really pull from the Stackpole novels (a fantastic author by the way) the movie will come out really well.

Matthew Robinson (Monster Trucks, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, and Love and Monsters)
Oh no...

Why can't we just have TopGun in SW?

For as much as people complain about ep 1-3, that space battle in 3 and basically all of the light saber fights were fantastic.

as for the rogue squadron movie, if they really pull from the Stackpole novels (a fantastic author by the way) the movie will come out really well.
I'd agree with that

Become a Patron!
Back