Looking for ultrawide monitor advise

Oh I have glasses trust me, but with -14 and some blindspots in focus vision it is still pretty bad, I have had some 30+ injections in my eyes to try and save the remainder of my sight, the last one only a couple weeks ago.
If that's the case, you're probably want to look for something lower resolution :)

With all this monitor comparing stuff going on I seem to have put a wrong one in my shortlist.

I ended up going with the LG-34GN850-B and I am now trying to get used to the real estate. Shame though that bejeweled 3 does not like it, stretches a lot and if I go windowed mode, performance goes trough the window.

I ended up going with the LG-34GN850-B and I am now trying to get used to the real estate.
Congrats!

You'll get used to it quick ;)
Shame though that bejeweled 3 does not like it, stretches a lot and if I go windowed mode, performance goes trough the window.
This is going to be the 'best' behavior you get out of a lot of games that don't understand anything wider than 16:9. Mine is Ring of Elysium, the Chinesium copy of PUBG that I actually like a lot more than PUBG, and at best you can get it to stretch out which looks awful and is worse than just running with black bars on the sides.

After using the monitor for a while I noticed something unexpected in a couple of games, they almost look like completely new games to me, so far I mostly noticed this in the division 2 and destiny 2 where especially the nights look a lot darker then they used too, also some things look a lot shinier.

Kind of strange as my old monitor was supposedly pretty good, and now almost feels mediocre at best. might have to get rid of it as 2nd monitor, some color differences are pretty glaring.

Last edited:
After using the monitor for a while I noticed something unexpected in a couple of games, they almost look like completely new games to me, so far I mostly noticed this in the division 2 and destiny 2 where especially the nights look a lot darker then they used too, also some things look a lot shinier.

Kind of strange as my old monitor was supposedly pretty good, and now almost feels mediocre at best. might have to get rid of it as 2nd monitor, some color differences are pretty glaring.
As a longtime display junkie, I totally get it. I have a habit of getting a new one, albeit tv or monitor, about once every year or two. I constantly scour the internet for reviews, look through threads for user experiences, and nitpick almost every spec detail. In the end, the real experience is what it's about and all that other stuff might not really do justice to what you end up seeing. I'm always on the hunt for that 'perfect one' but at this point, there's a balancing act of budget and gpu to contend with as well.

It happens more than not. I always think I'm happy with what I have until I decide to look into upgrading then I wonder why it took me so long.

Become a Patron!
Back